cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

What, No Las Vegas Stories?!

Those of us who did not have the opportunity are wondering what the Mobile Beat Convention was like, especially after all those entries in this forum before the convention.

Who met who from our forum? Anyone recognize the DJ’s from down under? Anyone talking about L1’s there? What looked cool in the exhibit hall? What seminars did you attend and were any of them worthwhile? Would you go again next year?

Come on, the snow is 2 ft deep here in rural Colorado and I got cabin fever...
12 REPLIES 12
davewinsor
Registered since

Apr 11, 2006

Re: What, No Las Vegas Stories?!

Howdy,

It was amazing. I attended a bunch of seminars, at dinner with friends from Australia, had breakfast with my friend from NZ, drank entirely too much. I was also involved as an exhibitor for Send Out Cards. We were packed. Here was my proud moment, in adjoining rooms, there were sound systems on display. One room contained the bose dealer. The other room was way too loud, TOO much bass and was just nowhere near as crisp and clean as the Bose. When I walked into the room with the L1 playing I was able to hear EVERYTHING clearly and to feel the bass without the muddy sound that accompanied the other system.
Las Vegas is just plain wild.

Best,

Dave
papadeuce
Registered since

Dec 15, 2007

None that I can post.... Wink

But I did meet many great Bose owners including Nick Logan, who I spent a good amount of time with. A very nice guy.
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

Gee, I thought this thread would be flooded with stories. I’m not looking for ammunition for a divorce attorney here, just the printable stuff.
albanyams
Registered since

Mar 5, 2006

You want stories!?? Ok....Here we go!!!! this will take a few mniutes, grab a beverage and enjoy!!

I arrived Moday afternoon about 2ish..No problem with check in..They nhad me in a 2 bed room..I'm solo. No need..Oh well. They did down grade me to a one bedroom. Ok.

First night, slots. The staff is vey old at the Riviera..Now mind you, I'm happily married, but at least have attractive cocktail waitresses. Average age: 60.

Sloooow service. No more to say...

Restaurant experience, unless you enjoy spending $3.50 for an 8 oz coffee...Go ahead.

Thank god for the coffee kiosk!

Great people all around, from your average Joe to Cap Capello! Cap is the <great>! Looks great in a suit!

<multiple deletions>

Lost some $$, but it's all good.

Going back next year!

There some stories!

[Ken at Bose deleted disallowed language according to our Terms of Service -- see the link at the bottom of every message board page]
NickNZ
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 13, 2006

Hey gimme a break - I only just got back!

I had a look at the new Bose units. I'm pleased to say my wife prefers the old one I have. The power stand seems more subtle on the older model, and she just seemed to think the aesthetics of the Classic were better. As she's right in my target demograph, I listen to her. Smile

The poor layout of the Riviera Hotel meant that I just missed meeting so many people, including Dave Windsor and AlbanyAMS. I did sit next to Papa Deuce on a bus for a good half hour before realising who it was. Big Grin I saw Cap (everybody sees Cap!!) and bought a couple of new toys, too.

Got back a few hours ago after spending the weekend in LA. Feel really tired and need a sleep but I have business meetings this evening...
brianharris
Registered since

Oct 8, 2006

Met Dave Winsor finally in person. What a pleasure. Heck we even ate dinner together at the Sushi Bar - but for me it was minus the sushi. ha!

Saw and hung with Cap of course!
Gotta picture around here somewhere!

Met Papa Deuce finally, out in the lobby.

Hung with Nick & Lisa Logan again. Heck even had lunch (burgers) with them!

Richard Mills is always a pleasure to be around. What a fun guy!

I realized that in most cases, when hanging with a small group of DJs, minimal 2-3 of us were BOSE users. Very cool!
papadeuce
Registered since

Dec 15, 2007

Brian, my apologies for getting pulled away. I wanted to spend a few minutes at least. I love the way you always seem to be "classy".

Nick, did you get the BBQ sauce into NZ? And didn't we meet BEFORE the bus? I thought we had.
DJ_Richard__Awa
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 9, 2005

I just got back also, although I had a wedding in Australia on the way home, where I got to properly play with an L1 model II and T1 ToneMatch. That's another thread that I'll start soon.

Had an incredible time in Las Vegas and it looks like I've converted an intelligent (and extremely attractive) young female DJ to the Bose L1 systems. Cap- keep me posted huh? Wink
NickNZ
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 13, 2006

quote:
Originally posted by Papa Deuce:
Nick, did you get the BBQ sauce into NZ? And didn't we meet BEFORE the bus? I thought we had.

Yes, we met before hand and even then I didn't click... It wasn't until we were on the bus.

Also yes, I got the BBQ sauce home. Declared it as I came through, told them it was in an airtight preserve jar, they were fine. It did get picked up at either Vegas or LAX though as the bubble wrap had been opened and a note from "dept of airport security" etc was in my bag. The jar was still sealed so all good. Smile

Thinking back about the pair of L1s that were in the little side room. With all the lighting effects they had in there, they could have lit up the sticks nicely. Wink