Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Archtop_Eddy
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 25, 2004

Re: What are you doing with your extra time these days

Beautiful backyard Seagullman.  Looks like a great place to strum the guitar. And speaking of guitars, the Taylor 12 looks very yummy.  While I don't play a 12 string, I'm really partial to small body guitars.  Enjoy in good health Seagullman!

tradbanjo
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Love the yard.

Seagullman
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2013

Archtop Eddy posted:

Beautiful backyard Seagullman.  Looks like a great place to strum the guitar.

Thanks Eddy. on warm evenings I do just that. I've also got great neighbours whose gardens join mine and others who are also near enough to hear when I play. They seem to enjoy it when I sing a few songs on warm summer evenings. I think that because I've not been kidnapped and incarcerated up to now .My Koi seem to find it soothing as well because they quite often come to where I'm playing and just just look and float. Maybe they've just got good connections to Karl 3 

And speaking of guitars, the Taylor 12 looks very yummy.  While I don't play a 12 string, I'm really partial to small body guitars.

If you get the chance to play one it's a good experience. Due to the construction details (12 Fret and shorter scale length of 24-7/8") the string tension allows for very easy playing. The strings almost fret themselves.

Enjoy in good health Seagullman!

Thanks Eddy. The same goes for you when you go for a hike in your beautiful countryside.

oldmachead
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

@Seagullman Wow to both the Taylor and your backyard ... that Taylor 562 looks SWEET!! Enjoy ... while I drool ...

Jeff_K
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 13, 2018

Seagullman, glad to see you got the 12 string. I'd always wanted one, and finally pulled the trigger last year on a used Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry 12-String model that I really like (Godin subsidiary). If anyone is looking for an inexpensive 12 string, this is a great contender. I've since gone through my acoustic band set list and basically any song I can get away with playing on this thing is now a "12 string song"  

Jeff

Seagullman
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2013

Rob Wright posted:

Love the yard.

Thanks Rob. I know that I'm privileged to live as I do.

troubador posted:

@Seagullman Wow to both the Taylor and your backyard ... that Taylor 562 looks SWEET!! Enjoy ... while I drool ...

Thanks Troubador, It makes me happy to know that others appreciate my garden. It's good for the soul to be able to just go and sit there. My living room has sliding 2 windows (each about 2x2 meters) which look straight onto the pond and garden. 

Regarding the Taylor, I find myself drooling as well sometimes. 

Seagullman
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2013

Jeff K posted:

Seagullman, glad to see you got the 12 string. I'd always wanted one, and finally pulled the trigger last year on a used Art & Lutherie C Wild Cherry 12-String model that I really like (Godin subsidiary).

I can really understand your liking playing a 12 String. I'm familiar with Art & Lutherie. My main live acoustic 6 string is a Seagull Artist Studio CW (also a Godin subsidiary. All the Godin Subsidiaries offer extremely good value for money.

If anyone is looking for an inexpensive 12 string, this is a great contender. I've since gone through my acoustic band set list and basically any song I can get away with playing on this thing is now a "12 string song"

Jeff

I can well believe that. Another 12 string worth looking at with good value for money is the Seagull S12 Coastline.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, Tony.

It's great to hear from you.

Seagullman posted:
? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ?

ST: how far do you have to travel to visit your wood/forest? It looks beautiful and somehow doesn't fit in with the picture I've painted of you in my minds eye. I guess I more or less had you in office buildings and gig locations with (and sleeping in front of your PC on the forum like Neo in The Matrix ). Maybe that is your normal habitat. If so I'm glad to see that you've now at least got time to spend outside with nature. Definitely good for the soul.

In the days before LCD screens were the norm, I cobbled together a computer workstation out of three of these Ultimate Support keyboard stands.

The result looked a lot like this.

Things are much simpler now with a Surface Studio 2 driving a 55-inch curved monitor slightly above and behind it.

more coming in a minute.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi again, Tony

Seagullman posted:
? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ?

ST: how far do you have to travel to visit your wood/forest? 

At the end of the driveway, I cross the street and it looks like this.

If you can see your footsteps ahead of you

Click the picture to see a larger view.

When I look ahead and recognize my own footsteps on the path, it's time to strike out in a new direction.

Focus on the trees

These days, I'm trying to shift my focus from the trees.

ST

ChetDude
Collaborator
Registered since

May 10, 2018

I'm wasting a couple of hours this morning dealing with my website host!!!

Lunarpages got bought out by a bunch of incompetent boobs called "Hostpapa" that have caused me MAJOR problems since they bought them...

This morning all of a sudden, my main email address can't be used to SEND emails -- they say it's sending spam because it got over 5 bounced recipients in a one hour period!!!!  New garbage software on their side...