Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: What are you doing with your extra time these days

And even though I play electric guitar most of the time, I've been spending more time with my classical guitars to work on fundamentals. They are much less forgiving, and it's great for my hands to be alternating back and forth between nut/neck widths, scale-lengths, neck profiles, and different playing postures.

In case you're curious, this is one of the last of the Chet Atkins CEC guitars made in Bozeman, Montana (October 2005). It has a 2" nut, ebony fingerboard. Click the picture for more details.

ST

tradbanjo
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

I practice my Martin D-35 with my Keytron SD90 using bass pedals and switches.  My feet are programed to follow my hands on guitar.  However, I find it more difficult to use my feet with my banjos.  My solution is I just record the tracks for the banjo stuff and play along with the tracks.  I am anxious to perform with this set-up.  The good news about the stay-at-home thing is it forced me to get proficient before taking it live.  I'm ready to take it out to the public now.  My wife is ready for me to do that, too!

Oldghm
Leader
Registered since

May 25, 2004

@Rob Wright posted:

I practice my Martin D-35 with my Keytron SD90 using bass pedals and switches.  My feet are programed to follow my hands on guitar.  However, I find it more difficult to use my feet with my banjos.  My solution is I just record the tracks for the banjo stuff and play along with the tracks.  I am anxious to perform with this set-up.  The good news about the stay-at-home thing is it forced me to get proficient before taking it live.  I'm ready to take it out to the public now.  My wife is ready for me to do that, too!

I've learned when my wife says, "could you do that one more time", she really doesn't mean it.

O..

Seagullman
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2013

@Oldghm posted:

I've learned when my wife says, "could you do that one more time", she really doesn't mean it.

O..

Do I detect a bit of dry humour here O..  ?

tradbanjo
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

My wife is not as subtle, she yells, "new song!"

Oldghm
Leader
Registered since

May 25, 2004

@Seagullman posted:

Do I detect a bit of dry humour here O..  ?

Jerry T.
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2003

Like many of us, had about 150 gigs cancelled.  I started selling equipment that I thought was not essential - kept for sentimental reasons - but not essential.  I gave my beloved L1 Model 1 with 2 B1’s to a church.   Soon after, we had some nice fall weather days and I was able to do 4 outdoor gigs - with 2 Compacts.  The compacts really didn’t cut it - missed the Model 1 sound.   Ergo, I am now awaiting delivery of an L1 Model II with one B1 and a T1.  I have an old T-1 that I never used and that will not update.  After watching a couple of ST’s vids re: the T-1, I decided to give it a try.   So, My spare time will be consumed with learning how to use my ‘new’ equipment as I think that many of the spring and summer gigs will be outdoors until people are comfortable with having groups gather indoors in close proximity.  

And, Thanks ST, You’ve given me great guidance for many years …