Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

What are you running into your L1®?

It's been a long time since we've talked about this and I'm wondering what instruments and gear people are running into their L1®s.

I'll start with my latest computer connections:

Microsoft Surface Pro and Microsoft Surface RT.

--?8T? Please click the picture for more details ?T8?--

I like the Surface Pro when I'm creating content, writing, drawing, making annotations on previously written material. The Surface RT is lighter, gets great battery life and is good choice when I want a computer on stage. Both have a full-sized USB port that works well with the T1® USB connection.

I keep my music notes in Microsoft OneNote and have been doing that for years. This automatically synchronizes my notes on my phone, desktop, and Surface machines (both of them). I just noticed that OneNote is also available for iPhone, iPad, and Android phone .
12 REPLIES 12
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: What are you running into your L1®?

Hi again,

For gear, well it's almost embarrassing to admit that I got a vocal processor / harmony machine / looper last year.

TC-Helicon VoiceLive Play GTX

I was looking for something small that I could use for some guitar amp modelling to use with my Compact. But since I use a Neumann KMS 105 (condenser microphone that requires phantom power), I was also looking for an easy way to have phantom power when running my Compact.

The TC-Helicon VoiceLive Play GTX fit the bill.

I had never thought that I would use a vocal processor because I like the T1®.

I had never thought that I'd own a harmony machine and I still don't use the harmonies or the voice correction when I'm playing live. But I have started experimenting in rehearsal.

The looping function wasn't of any interest really - especially since it was only 30 seconds, but TC Helicon did an update and it's possible to do 60 second loops now. I'm not using this live yet, (and never intended to), but I've been working with it and it's great for rehearsal.

But it's been just great as an amp modeller. It sounds great through my Compact and the larger L1®s.

quote:
Source TC Helicon:
VoiceLive Play GTX features 10 AmpTones* plus a special acoustic guitar setting. The amps are inspired by famous tones from Fender®, Mesa and Marshall®. They range from Clean to Insane distortion characteristics with user variable Drive amount. All feature editable 3 band tone, compression and speaker emulation controls.

Acoustic – direct and clean to be sent to the PA
Clean – Fender Twin
Comp – Fender Twin with compression
Comp Atk – Fender Twin with Bright switch on and compression
BF Combo – Overdriven Fender ‘65 Deluxe
Bright – Overdriven Modern Fender
Crunch 1 – Marshall Plexi
Crunch 2 – Hiwatt®
Crunch 3 – Marshall Plexi
BF Combo – Overdriven Fender ‘65 Deluxe
Honk – Vintage combo
Insane – Mesa Rectifier

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi again,

I'm still running my Roland VG-99.

--?8T? Please click the picture for more details ?T8?--

What's new is that I could not bring myself to pay over $450 for the Roland FC-300 midi foot controller, so I got a Line 6 POD HD500

for $50 more.

I hoped that I could use that as both a foot controller and stand alone modeller for different situations.

It's big
21.5" W x 10.5" D (to end of power cord retainer) x ~3" H (at toe of pedal)

and heavy
10.6 pounds

source

It's roughly the same size as the Roland FC-300 and about a pound lighter.

And it doesn't look like I can change the midi channel send assignments for the user patches. That's not a huge deal, but it means that I have to change things on the VG-99.

Oh sure, it sounds good, but so does the TC-Helicon VoiceLive Play GTX and for that matter, the VG-99 sounds great even when I'm not using the full virtual guitar rig. So the HD500 is not fitting into my plans very well.

Anyway - what are YOU running into your L1®?

edit: for clarity
opusthe2nd
Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2005

Macbook for trax. Thats all.....
Mister_D
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 31, 2010

Toshiba Satellite Laptop running Showplay software for my Midi tracks and mp3's.

Audix OM-7 microphone

Digitech Vocalist Performer for the few times I want some harmony.

Pod HD_500 for my Fender Strat.

Roland GR_20
macheted01
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Acoustically, everything is straight into the T1 with a hint of reverb on, into the L1. Electric guitar, I am using the IPad with Amplitube into the L1. Bass guitar, I am using a Zoom B3 into the L1.
carvingcode
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 26, 2013

Instruments: Eigenharp Alpha and Akai EWI
PC: MacBook Pro
Audio Interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 14
Software: Ableton Live
stos2
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 17, 2010

For my solo gig stuff:
1.) Shure SM58 >> Digitech Vocalist Live 3 >>Bose L1M2 (chan1).
2.) Fender Strat or Ovation Acoustic >> Digitech Vocalist Live 3 >> Fender Mustang Floor >> Bose L1M2 (chan 2).
3.) IPad2(running OnSong or Stage Traxx for backing/lyrics) >> Bose L1M2 (chan 4).

I also use the L1M2 for vocals only in my 6-piece Blues band. We use amps for the guitars and keys, but run 4 vocals thru the Bose for smaller places. For larger venues, we use a larger PA system, but it doesn't sound as good.

Still lovin' it!
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi stos2,

Please see this discussion: Output from iPad2.

Thanks!
PZ
Collaborator
Registered since

May 10, 2012

I run 4 subgroubs of my Presonus SL1642 into 3 L1 compacts and a markbass mini.

compact I:
voc: Sennheiser e935
voc: AKG D321
git: Gibson L4a acoustic, Aura Spectrum
The Loar mandoline: AKG c411
Ukulele: Di box

compact II:
voc: AKG c535
voc: Sennheiser MD531
git: Hagstrom acoustic, Aura 16
snare/Overhead: AKG c418 or SM57
accordion: SM57

compact III:
voc: Sennheiser MD531
voc: fiddle, AKG c411
banjo: DI box
Washburn mandoline: DI box
dobro: small submixer

Markbass mini:
double bass
(electronic) kick drum

Crowded compacts!
But we are 7 musicians switching intruments often so not everything is played at the same time.

So we have lots of cables to bring with us, and instruments, and DIs/Pres, and mic stands, and instrument stands, and ..... !

BTW: The Markbass ist the perfect supplement for the compact! Same weight, same size and a real bass monster! And same costs! 😞