crs1
Registered since

Jul 7, 2008

Re: What weird names have people called your L1?

We call ours "Mahatma!"

Ma-Hat Ma-Coatstand
jseth
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2009

So far, the only thing someone has said at a gig about my Bose was "oh! You have one of THOSE"!!! This from the manager/engineer of a local recording studio... he was excited to hear one in person.

What I thought of was MY OWN COMMENT the first time I heard my friend, Joe Lucido, playing solo guitar with his backing tracks through a Bose... after he took a break, I said " Man! The backing tracks sound really great? What are you running them through? And WHY DOES THE CLUB HAVE A COATRACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STAGE???!!!" LOL! I was stunned to find out what the "coatrack" was... and that started my quest for my own Bose L1...

play on........................>

John Seth Sherman
6inline
Registered since

Aug 10, 2007

I had a musician comment a few weeks ago on how good the sound was. Two vocals, guitar and tracks thru a M1/B1. He said the Bose thing looked cool and asked if I hid the rest of the speakers under some tables in the room. Ah...Grasshopper...... Wink
andreolsen
Registered since

Feb 2, 2011

"That Thing"

My dad thought it was a basketball hoop.

Power Stand turned into a footrest by some guests when my friend used it to DJ at a party. (but that was nicely taken care of lol).
bubba1
Registered since

Nov 29, 2010

I had some people at a house party that actually thought it was a standup heater....LOL Smile
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

X2 on that Bubba~ LOL at one of the first gigs I did with my L1's the guests thought it was some sort of space heater! Smile
johnm_3
Registered since

Jun 20, 2008

A local pastor calls mine "The Stick". I like to spell it out by introducing it as "The Bose LI Model II with TI TOnematch & double BI's". Even though it doesn't need all that it keeps em hoppin'. Why don't we just call it Present & Future Sound all rolled up in one package...
seenoevil
Registered since

Feb 17, 2005

quote:

I'll occasionally refer to it as the "Festivus" pole (after the Seinfeld episode). Otherwise it's the L1, etc.

I like this, my pole now has a new name.
seenoevil
Registered since

Feb 17, 2005

when people ask "what's that?" my response is usually "a place to hang my hat" and many times, my cap is situated at the top. but I now like FESTIVUS POLE from above.
donbeem
Registered since

May 1, 2006

I stack my B2's with the logo upside down and call it my Bose 3508 system.