cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJ CASALI
Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2020

Why does Bose post a question and then only want bose employees to respond?

Hello...We set our Compact channel 2 trim at o'clock noon when we use either 1 or 2 Compacts. Been doing it for 7 years.  Works for us.

Aj 

ps....Why does Bose post a question asnd then only want bose employees to respond?  I liked the old forum fomat much better.  You can see the question and the answer.  JMO

edit: This post from @Aj Trongone originally appeared in the Ask Bose for Help Forum

2 REPLIES 2
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Why does Bose post a question and then only want bose employees to respond?

Hi AJ,

I'm glad you've visited us in the new Bose Pro Portable PA community.

Aj Trongone posted:

ps....  .Why does Bose post a question and then only want bose employees to respond?  I liked the old forum fomat much better.  You can see the question and the answer.  

You were in the Ask Bose For Help Forum.  It is reserved for people who want a reply from someone at Bose. We set this up in 2009, and here is how Ken-at-Bose introduced it.

Ken-at-Bose posted (June 11, 2009):
Hi Folks,

As many of you know, we started a new forum here about two months ago called Ask Bose for Help.

The new forum was created in response to an ongoing request by some people to get an official Bose reply to a question or concern. (There are also many other times when people explicitly ask for the opposite: in other words, they don't want a Bose response but want to hear from other L1 users.)

The new Ask Bose for Help forum has been initially successful. Guests seem to be finding it and using it effectively. And at the same time, the folks in our service organization -- the same employees that answer the toll-free L1 help line -- have been learning how to provide their customary service levels in an online setting.

We'd like to ask our community members to focus their advice and commentary on the other forums with the L1 Users Forum and let the -at-Bose service folks focus their attention on the Ask Bose for Help forum. If you read something in the Ask Bose forum and feel the issue could be resolved better with information you have, we'd like to encourage you to quote the text in a reply here, in this discussion, where the moderators (including me and representative of the service organization can read and consider it.

We are continually amazing and forever grateful for the work this community does to help others. We will always do everything possible to support this behavior.

Thank you.

Ken
If @GLB Productions (the person who posted the question) had posted the question anywhere else in the community, you would have been free to reply.
I hope that clarifies things about the Ask Bose for Help forum.
Aj Trongone posted:

... I liked the old forum fomat much better.  You can see the question and the answer.  

In the thread where you posted, there were no replies yet.
When there is a question and replies, you can see both
ST
GLB_Productions
Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2017

Re: Why does Bose post a question and then only want bose employees to respond?

Aj Trongone posted:

Hello...We set our Compact channel 2 trim at o'clock noon when we use either 1 or 2 Compacts. Been doing it for 7 years.  Works for us.

edit: This post from @Aj Trongone originally appeared in the Ask Bose for Help Forum

Thanks Aj anyway for the reply

Bruno from GLB Productions