cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community!

This is a community for Live Musicians, DJs & KJs, Entertainers of all kinds, and Sound Engineers to discuss Bose Professional S1, L1, F1, and Tonematch systems.

The Bose Community for Bose speakers, headphones, audio sunglasses and more is no longer available. If you need assistance with other Bose products, such as the Quiet Comfort Earbuds, Soundbar 900, QuietComfort 45, etc., please visit our support site. Please note that threads created for non-Bose Professional products will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elranchodeluxe
Registered since

Nov 9, 2005

Will this work? L1 Classic and L1II for Four Piece Acoustic Group

I recently aquired an L1 Model II system in addition to the L1 classic that I already have. Both have a T1 and there's a total of 3 B1s between the two systems.

My band is a four person group with four acoustic guitars and an electric bass, hand percussion and congas too. I'm wondering if I can mix the two L1s, with two players in each system? Would the difference between the two models be noticible to the audience? Inquiring minds want to know.
2 REPLIES 2
Mark-at-Bose
Collaborator
Registered since

May 13, 2018

Re: Will this work? L1 Classic and L1II for Four Piece Acoustic Group

quote:

I'm wondering if I can mix the two L1s, with two players in each system?

Yes. This is the best option with two L1s and four musicians. It helps to visually localize the players, and enhances the clarity.

quote:

Would the difference between the two models be noticible to the audience? Inquiring minds want to know.

To the audience? I cannot imagine anyone in the audience hearing the difference. The L1 Model 1 and L1 Model 2 were designed to be sonically very similar.

Because of the wider horizontal pattern of the L1 Model 2 there should be a positive difference for the players positioned towards the back of the stage. They should be able to hear full range audio even if they are positioned directly beside the L1 Model 2.
Dan_Cornett
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2005

Re: Will this work? L1 Classic and L1II for Four Piece Acoustic Group

quote:
Originally posted by El Rancho Deluxe:
... a total of 3 B1s between the two systems...an electric bass, hand percussion and congas too. I'm wondering if I can mix the two L1s, with two players in each system?...
In addition to Mark-at-Bose's comments, I would also suggest that the bass player be connected to the system with two B1's.

A subtle, but useful consideration is regarding the guitars ... particularly for the pairs of guitars using the same L1:
You may find it better to tweak them (either the on-board pickups and/or the T1 settings) so that the two guitars sound a bit differently through the L1. That will help as y'all (and the audience) listen to "who is playing what". As an example, see this note.