nichb
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

blown tweeter?

Hi all. I have a l1 compact and love it. I just bought a l1 model 2 on Ebay. It sounds muddy as compared to the compact . Im wondering if I just have to eq the model 2 differently or if I might have a blown speaker. I hate to return it, got a decent deal ($$$$$ with b2) and its a mess to re pack and ship. any ideas?

Edit: price reference removed.
Bose Pro Community Admin  

5 REPLIES 5
Simon Patrick
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2018

Re: blown tweeter?

nichb posted:

Hi all. I have a l1 compact and love it. I just bought a l1 model 2 on Ebay. It sounds muddy as compared to the compact . Im wondering if I just have to eq the model 2 differently or if I might have a blown speaker. I hate to return it, got a decent deal ($1600 with b2) and its a mess to re pack and ship. any ideas?

I would try scaling back your bass and see if that helps.  Also the placement of your bass module in relation to walls may affect your sound.  Hope you get it figured out soon....good luck!

nichb
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

thanks for reply Simon. I took off the speaker grills and all the speakers seem to be working. That B2 cabinet might just be overpowering everything still getting it dialed in

Ric1
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

When reattaching your grills, @nichb, this is the most powerfull glue I've encountered to do that job:

https://www.amazon.com/Loctite...=8-1-spons&psc=1

ConnerNA
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

Is your B2 on +bass? I normally run the bass switch on neutral unless playing outdoors...just a thought. 

rogerbus
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 2, 2018

nichb posted:

Hi all. I have a l1 compact and love it. I just bought a l1 model 2 on Ebay. It sounds muddy as compared to the compact . Im wondering if I just have to eq the model 2 differently or if I might have a blown speaker. I hate to return it, got a decent deal ($$$$$ with b2) and its a mess to re pack and ship. any ideas?

Bose Pro Community Admin  

Not a great deal, I've seen the same package for as low as $$$$$ in Craigslist... the difference... you can test the equipment if it is a local purchase.

The L1 II has a different sound than the L1 Compact, which is a tighter sound in my opinion... ideal for guitar...!!

However, it should sound really good regardless...!! compare both side by side using different instrumens/mics and crank up the volume on both systems... look for niceable differences.

Did it come with the T1 mixer...??

Best.

Bose Pro Community Admin