Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

connect a Yamaha MG 06X to Bose L1 Model II power base with B1 Bass Module

Hi I have just bought the above model and wish to use my Yamaha         MG 06x with it.

I want to use it for Karaoke. I will be connecting my wireless mics' and my laptop to the mixer.

Can you give me the correct way to hook it all up and the best types of connection to use. (XLR, jackplug, sheilded or not sheilded ect.).

I want the simplest and the best if possible. Thank you in anticipation.

Kindest regards Donny

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: connect a Yamaha MG 06X to Bose L1 Model II power base with B1 Bass Module

Hi Donny,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community and thank you for the interesting question.

Donny posted:

Hi I have just bought the above model

Congratulations on getting your L1 Model II with B1.

and wish to use my Yamaha         MG 06x with it.

I want to use it for Karaoke. I will be connecting my wireless mics' and my laptop to the mixer.

Can you give me the correct way to hook it all up and the best types of connection to use. (XLR, jackplug, sheilded or not sheilded ect.).

I want the simplest and the best if possible. Thank you in anticipation.

Kindest regards Donny

Your L1 Model II is a single input powered loudspeaker. Since it is just one loudspeaker it is a mono device.

Your Yamaha MG 06X has stereo outputs.

Here is how you can approach this.

Connect the wireless microphones to the Yamaha input channels 1 and 2.

Set the Stereo/Mono switch to Mono.

Yamaha MG06 12 mono

Connect the laptop to the Yamaha inputs 3 and 5 - the L/Mono inputs. Do not connect anything to the inputs 4 and 6 - the Right inputs.

Yamaha MG06 stereo inputs

Use a 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) Tip-Ring-Sleeve cable

from the Yamaha Left Output to the L1 Model II Analog Input. Do not use the R output.

Yamaha MG06 to Model II

Setting the Trim Control
  1. Set the Trim control on the power stand to the 0 (zero) position.
  2. Connect the audio source to the Analog Input
  3. Adjust the volume of the source device output to the reference or nominal output level.
  4. While playing/singing as loud as you will during your performance, increase the L1 Model II Trim level so that the Signal/Clip indicator glows green or yellow. Occasional flickers of red are okay.
  5. If the Signal/Clip indicator glows solid red or you hear distortion, decrease the L1 Model II Trim level so that it glows only green or yellow.

All set?

ST