hache
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2013

feedback with akg d7 mic

Hi
Could please advise :
- Best preset for akg D7 mic
- Where to locate the array when having narrow space behind musicians (voc akg D7- ac gtr gibson J45- elec gtr from SM 57 picked on amp hp) - tbone with cell) all through one L1 model II with tonematch.
Thanks and cheers
Chris (France)
2 REPLIES 2
Julio_A
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

Re: feedback with akg d7 mic

Hello Chris,

Welcome to the forum! I can help you out with this. The AKG D7 does not have its own preset. I would recommend using other presets from other manufactures that are like the D7. For example Audix om5 and om6, shure beta 58a and the ElectroVoice D967. Now these are preset eqs so when you find one that is best to your sound you can adjust it further using the zEQ. You could always go with the flat setting and make your own eq settings too.

Now for location the system has a wide dispersion so it can be placed behind and to the side of the performers and they will still be able to us it as a monitor. To help with the feedback a good trick is to lower the mic a little and aim the capsule up towards the singers mouth instead of having the mic go straight back. Also making sure your gain settings are set up properly. Here is a great link that can help with gain staging of a mic http://toonz.ca/bose/wiki/inde...p?title=Gain_Staging

Hope this helps and have a great day,
hache
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2013

Re: feedback with akg d7 mic

Thanks a lot Julio, I'll work this out
Cheers
Ch