Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony_Parnham
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

iPad used with L1 model 1S and Compact

Hi All,

This is just for information.

I use an iPad Air for my Backing Tracks with the StageTraxx App. Just recently updated iOS to 12.3.1. A week later I used my Compact and was experiencing loud bass booming notes during the playing of my BT's. My first investigation was to set up my L1 model 1S but found it was the same, my BT's were sounding awful.

I then re-synced all my BT's to my iPad from iTunes but it still sounded shocking then tried all sorts of things checking my settings but was still stumped spending lots of time on it. 

I left it for a few days to ponder over and the thought occurred to me to do a reset of settings on the iPad in 'GENERAL'. Thankfully this restored it back to normal so......it's never happened before on updating iOS but I have to put it down to installing the 12.3.1. 

I had the benefit of owning two Bose products so this eliminated me suspecting any problem with my L1 and Compact which can be costly.

Regards Tony Parnham

5 REPLIES 5
CityFolk
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Re: iPad used with L1 model 1S and Compact

Interesting any idea what the reset did to rectify the issue?

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Tony Parham,

Please tell us what model iPad you have, and how you are connecting it to the L1 Compact and the L1 Model 1S.

On the iPad |  General

• What settings did you Reset?
    • Reset All Settings
  • OR
  • Erase All Content and Settings
  • OR
  • ?

Thanks,

ST

Tony_Parnham
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Hi ST,

iPad Air 2 and 'Reset All Settings'.

I use short lead, mini jack from iPad with 2 x phono into the Tonematch 1 into (Channel 4 on DJ Playback - Flat zEQ,) then 1/4 jack lead from Tonematch master into the line in when I use the L1 Compact. If I use the L1 model 1S I use the Bose cable from the Power Stand into the Tonematch 1.

Regards Tony

Tony_Parnham
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

CityFolk posted:

Interesting any idea what the reset did to rectify the issue?

Hi CityFolk,

I think it just reset everything. I only use the iPad with the Bose and no other ordinary use and made the assumption that the 12.3.1. upset it. Before it was updated it was fine as always and has had many updates in the past with no issues.

I only posted just for if anyone else had this issue.

Regards Tony

CityFolk
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Weird Tony! I always wince a bit whenever I upgrade things like that knowing that something off the wall may happen. Glad you were able to fix it.