cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community!

This is a community for Live Musicians, DJs & KJs, Entertainers of all kinds, and Sound Engineers to discuss Bose Professional S1, L1, F1, and Tonematch systems.

The Bose Community for Bose speakers, headphones, audio sunglasses and more is no longer available. If you need assistance with other Bose products, such as the Quiet Comfort Earbuds, Soundbar 900, QuietComfort 45, etc., please visit our support site. Please note that threads created for non-Bose Professional products will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

Re: iPod, or Droid into Model II

I use XLR to 1/4" out my Denon to my Model II's so this will be perfect. Thanks all!
Pulled the trigger on this one
Rapco Horizon LTIBLOX Laptop Interface Device
nextgen1
Registered since

Jul 25, 2007

Thanks guys for the links. After seeing what you bought Lou. I bought the very same thing. All I ask is that you don't buy an airplane or jump off of a bridge. I tend to follow your wise decisions ). My wife and myself have met Lou and his wife at a DJ conference.

If you ever want to meet nice, fun and knowledgeable people then there you go. I jest with him but our mind set is very similar. We give 150 percent to our clients. I like that he did not buy the least expensive cable he could find.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Lou, nextgen1,

Please come back and tell us how Rapco Horizon LTIBLOX Laptop Interface Device works for you. I'll add your comments to the article about these kinds of summing devices.

And Fish - thanks for telling us about your experience with this.
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

I should receive it this week. I will test it ASAP and let you know how it works out.
idahodjcom
Registered since

Jan 29, 2010

I use one very similar to the one ST posted. I have had good luck using this PCDI box.

http://store.haveinc.com/p-534...n9ryOdZOORoCdVbw_wcB

I like that it has a ground lift & stereo / mono selector. Also handy is a -20db pad that can be turned on/off.
~CH
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

Disappointing,if you are like me and looking for a way to run a stereo signal from a smart phone or iPod into a Model II.

With my Samsung Galaxy 4, there is not enough volume to energize a dance floor.

With my old iPod, there is barely enough volume to fill in until I could get something better going.

With my Dell Inspiron running Ots, there is more than enough volume to keep a dance floor energized but that is not what I am seeking.
I really wanted something to cover the time between a mixer or PC breakdown and getting a new laptop up and running. This is not adequate.

I did not use it with an iPad but, for me, the iPad is too large.

The bottom line...
The Model II it is lighter and sounds better with a B2 but it does not have the versatility of the discontinued Model I. The Model I was the Swiss Army Knife of high quality, powered speakers.
idahodjcom
Registered since

Jan 29, 2010

Lou,

The Model 1 did have 4 inputs with the R1 remote and was very handy. The Model 2 has only the one input. I hear you about what you mean about the Model 1. If rumors are true, there may be a new member to the L1 family around February / March. How cool would it be to have a M2 with more inputs again with a remote to dial it in the way you like?
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

quote:
Originally posted by IdahoDJ.com:
I use one very similar to the one ST posted. I have had good luck using this PCDI box.

http://store.haveinc.com/p-534...n9ryOdZOORoCdVbw_wcB

I like that it has a ground lift & stereo / mono selector. Also handy is a -20db pad that can be turned on/off.
~CH

Thanks for the info.I was seeking something simpler. The unit you mention requires AC power. I have several small mixers I can use but that defeats the purpose.
andys1
Registered since

Jan 18, 2006

Hi Lou

I think we are now suffering the manufacturers cost cutting. Older MP3 players and phones had a much higher level of output which could get you through a glitch. Nowadays the output level is noticeably lower and therefore needs more boosting.

In view of you requirements perhaps you might approach from a different avenue and use a portable(battery) headphone amplifier. Not perfect but perhaps another way round the problem.

Looked on ebay and came up with these http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/port...-headphone-amplifier.

Hope this helps

Andy
idahodjcom
Registered since

Jan 29, 2010

Lou,

No, it doesn't use any power (AC or battery) Maybe I can take some better pictures of all sides and PM them to you.