cowboyken
Registered since

Feb 13, 2006

karaoke

New here, bear with me. Is the PAS well suited to a karaoke venue? I plan to buy the Bose with B1 package, but had heard some rumor that is was very hard to mix with the prerecorded karaoke music. I also do some shows with an Elvis impersonator friend in venues of 400 people or less. Plan to get a small Mackie mixer to go with it. Will the PAS work well in outside shows as well? Any info would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
Dan_Cornett
Registered since

Jun 6, 2005

Re: karaoke

Sure, it'll work fine (and even better with two!).

Check out the forum for DJs and KJs.
RobbieD
Registered since

Sep 28, 2005

quote:
had heard some rumor that is was very hard to mix with the prerecorded karaoke music.

I can't see any reason that it would be, unless the prerecorded music is coming from another speaker system.

You may even be able to do without a mixer. Just connect the mic to one input, the music source to another, and use the remote to mix.

Now if you had all the backing tracks on an iPod, you would have a truly compact system!
Ken-at-Bose
Registered since

Oct 13, 2003

I've heard nothing but raves from karaoke artists. Search for that term here under the Find tab.

Ken
bubba1
Registered since

Nov 29, 2010

Hi cowboy Ken
I think Bose pas Isuited for Karaoake.I use Karaoke Tracks and play acoustic guitar along with it and its works very well.I get a good blend and the guitar brings it all together.Thre are some tracks because the way they are recorded that can be difficult with any amplification system ..but im sure there is enough material out there that those tracks can be avoided.

Party On !!!!!!!!!!
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi again Bubba,

Mainly for the folks who don't see this in the other discussion...

We don't use PAS. We use L1®
This is a trademark concern.
-- click image for details--
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

I've run karaoke shows for two years with my L1's & have ?ed every minute of it!

I would say pick up a Heil Fin microphone to go along with your Elvis act!

Unless you run a wireless mic then get a Line 6 XD-V70 wireless system & the Heil RC22 replacement capsule (with Gold wind screen) to pop on top for some amazing vocals!!!