Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bassunit
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2021

obtaining stereo output with 2 S1 Pro speakers

Good day all

Apologies if this has been covered before...

I've got two S1 Pro speakers and wish to operate them as a stereo pair, by supplying music to them from my Sony NWZA-15A music player.  I want to use cables to do this, as my player isn't android so cannot exploit the bose connect app.

So, to do this via cabling, am I right in thinking I need to do the following:

- obtain a cable adaptor with 3.5mm stereo jack at one end, which splits into 2 x 1/4 jack "mono" plugs i.e. tip and sleeve

- connect each 1/4 jack into channel 1 or 2 of each speaker, and in both cases set the little switches to "off"

- should then be able get stereo operation across the speakers, using stereo out from music player ?

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
Dylan_R

Re: obtaining stereo output with 2 S1 Pro speakers

Hi bassunit,

Welcome to the forum! thank you for joining us. 

You are correct - this would be the stereo setup when playing from a wired audio source with a headphone output. Just make sure that both S1s are set at the same volume with no FX processing applied (i.e. ToneMatch, delay and reverb all turned off).

Hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!