Re: ok here is my official report

yea I looked at the element first

21 mpg for 21k was too rich for My blood
Tom Munch
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 30, 2004

Wow! I thought I remembered it had better gas mileage than that. And I wanted more power. I get 21 out of my Pilot on the highway sometimes.

Tom
kingscourt
Registered since

Oct 27, 2006

I get 19 out of my company vehicle which is an Expedition. 21 is not great for that type of vehicle.
Tom Munch
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 30, 2004

I looked it up. 21 is the city EPA rating for the XB. The Element is 22 city. The XB starts at $16,000 & change, & the Element $21,000 & change.

Tom
aitch1
Registered since

Dec 18, 2006

Ha ha, at last someone has got around to talking about how they get from gig to gig. Here in the UK we're on the £5 a gallon mark and I know I have a choice but I chose to ride around in a "all American" Jeep Grand Cherokee. Mainly because of the the way it feels when you drive it and it's load capacity both with seats up and down. Talk about crappy gas mileage! how does 17mpg grab ya! I spend a fair bit of time in the states visiting my dad and I've been spoilt by the wonderful ride that you can only get from a big powerful vehicle such as the jeep It was on one such visit when I rented one from the airport and was smitten. My excuse (or what I keep telling myself) is that I spend so much time in the thing driving up and down the country, so it has to be as comfortable as my sofa at home. It's better! I'm rambling, hang on. What I wanted to say was, before December last year, BB (before Bose) I needed the capacity because of all the kit that I was carrying, speakers monitors stand etc. now it all fits in the cargo space without moving the seats and I can pull the load cover over all of it adding to the security. Do I need the Jeep now? NO! Pah!
Thanks guys....I think.
donm
Registered since

Oct 26, 2005

Thanks for asking about my XB! I absolutely love it. I have driven and owned almost everything that ever existed in my 50 years of driving. The XB at this point in time fulfills my needs perfectly.
I do have the automatic. It gets 32 mpg in city. If you drive it 60 on the highway it will get 36. If you drive it 80, as I usually do because I'm always late, it still gets 32.
I just fold down the rear seats and there is plenty of room for my L1 and sub, keyboard, kb stand, rolling stool and accessories.
My wife was really against my getting it, but after I finally let her drive it, she has changed her mind!
I can highly recommend it.
DonM
www.donmasonmusic.com
ronjazz
Registered since

Oct 24, 2003

One of the first discussions I ever had with a fellow L1 owner was about selling PA equipment and amplifiers, as I was preparing to get rid of almost all of my conventional gear. I asked him what he'd sell, and he said "my van"! I'm very pleased that I can go to my gigs in my little BMW, especially with some of the very long rides I take.