Did you mean: 
manuguillamet
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

quality of sound on 2x l1 with b2 with tonematch t4s

Hello ......

here is my little problem

i use two l1 model 2 with B2 and a T4S tonematch (same problem with a single L1 and old tonematch)

when the sound comes from a stereo source like PC phone '(no direct usb connection with tonematch) and we take a live concert as a source for example or others

I give you a YouTube title "purple rain prince live super bowl 2010" the sound is cavernous I have to put a MONO jack adapter to remove the phenomenon.

I argue that if I plug a PC direct USB T4S I get a great sound and more stereo with both l1 and frankly super top (with only one top)

but that I want to connect the source jack on a 5 or 6 or 4 input that I select dJ play back I have a sound always cavernous with the T4 s or old

could someone give me the solution? (I do not understand )

thank you all

bonjour ......

voila mon petit problème

j utilise deux l1 model 2 avec B2 et un tonematch T4S (problème identique avec une seul L1 et tonematch ancien)

quand le son provient d une source stéréo genre pc téléphone '(pas de connexion usb direct avec le tonematch )et que l on prend un concert live comme source pour exemple ou autres

je vous donne un titre YouTube " prince purple rain live super bowl 2010 " le son est caverneux je dois mettre un adaptateur jack MONO pour supprimer le phénomène .

je présisse que si je branche un pc en USB direct au T4S la j obtient un son super et en plus en stéréo avec les deux l1 et franchement super top (avec un seul aussi top )

mais des que je veux brancher la source jack sur une entré 5 ou6 ou 4 que je sélectionne dJ play back j ai un son toujours caverneux avec le T4 s ou lancien

quelqu un pourrais me donner la solution ? (je ne comprend pas )

merci a tous

4 REPLIES 4
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: quality of sound on 2x l1 with b2 with tonematch t4s

Hi manuguillamet,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.  Thank you for this interesting question.

If I understand what you are hearing - the problem comes from connecting a stereo source to a balanced mono input.  All the 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) inputs on the T4S/T8S are balanced mono inputs.  The T1 channel 4/5 inputs are also balanced mono inputs.  

The solution is to split the stereo signal to two separate inputs on the T4S/T8S/T1 with a cable like this.

Hosa CMP159

Source: Hosa CMP159

Connect the 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) plugs to two channels on the T4S/T8S/T1.

Things that will not work (below)

T8S WhyNotWye

For more information please see: T4S/T8S ToneMatch Mixers stereo connections.

Does that help?
ST  

manuguillamet
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

ok the channels of t4s and t1  are balanced mono

5/6 are balanced mono ?

thanks for your anwer

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi manuguillamet,

T1

Channel 4/5 inputs are balanced mono

T4S

All 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) inputs are balanced mono 
(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

T8S

All 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) inputs are balanced mono 
(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

ST 

Forum_Admin
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 11, 2016

Hi codydog19,

Please see this new discussion for your question.

Headphone output from phone to T8S

Thank you,

Bose Pro Community Admin