cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lc_2
Registered since

Mar 2, 2005

sonic enhancers

hi all. a friend of mine has just added a sonic enhancer to his system and reckons it has improved the performance tremendously.1. has anyone else tried this and 2.would a bose 802 system contoller do the same job and where would i connect it. we are both solo performers using backing tracks.lc
6 REPLIES 6
Tom Munch
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 30, 2004

Re: sonic enhancers

lc,

You'll find a few other posts where people use some of this stuff. It's different strokes for different folks, but the whole reason I use the L1 is to get away from any complexity in sound. My recommendation would be to get as much as you can from the system without adding any processing of any sort. When I have heard folks play that use this stuff with the L1 it always sounds somewhat cheesy to me.

Just my two cents,

Tom
mikez-at-bose
Registered since

Mar 2, 2006

lc,

The 802 controller is not the tool for the job here.

Before going to use a 'sonic enhancer', what is wrong with your sound now? What are you trying to improve? Maybe by selecting a different preset we can get you what you are looking for.

Can you describe your situation a bit more?

MikeZ
ric_2
Registered since

Jan 16, 2006

Is a, "sonic enhancer," just a fancy name for a multiband equalizer?
lc_2
Registered since

Mar 2, 2005

i am happy with my sound at present but as always if there is a possibility of something better we have to pursue it. its the reason i ditched my mackie system to get the bose.when i first got my 802s i tried them without the controller and they sounded great but connect the contoller and wow. thats the difference my friend reports.frequency separation much improved, i havent heard it yet but he is convinced.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi lc,

What kind of 'sonic enhancer' are you considering (make/model/link???). Maybe someone else here has had some experience with it.

The 802 controller was an essential part of the design of the loudspeaker system. Without the appropriate controller, the system was not complete. When you added the controller to the 802s you were getting to hear them as they were meant to be heard.

The L1™ System is an integrated system and has digital sound processing built-in already.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

quote:
Originally posted by Ric:
Is a, "sonic enhancer," just a fancy name for a multiband equalizer?

I'm not sure what lc is means when using this term 'sonic enhancer'. But here's an article about Aural Exciters - Aphex. Just as an aside, I have one of the units mentioned in the article, and have had no use for it since getting the L1™.