Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Adjust bass for Bose sound link colour.

I have a Bose sound link colour ( old model) i noticed the bass was very high. All i can hear the bass and other instruments in the music was not clear. Can anyone advice me how to adjust/ lower the Bass.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Adjust bass for Bose sound link colour.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hello Star3, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry that you are not happy with the bass levels of the speaker. Has this always been the case? Or have you noticed the bass is too high recently? This is not something that can be adjusted as the speaker does not have manual EQ settings. I would recommend exploring the audio settings through the application you are using. For example, Spotify has a bass booster and a bass reducer. Additionally, the device you have connected may also have its own settings.

Repositioning the speaker can also he;p to decrease bass. Moving the system away from a wall or corner, or placing the system on or near soft surfaces, decreases bass response. The system's tone characteristics change depending on location and environment. 

You could also try testing a different device/apps to see if you experience the same problem. 

If the problem did just randomly occur, a reset may help this. To perform a reset, power on the speaker and press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light blinks blue and a voice prompt instructs you to select a language. 

Once you have tested all of the above, get back to me and let me know if there is any improvement at all. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hello Star3, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry that you are not happy with the bass levels of the speaker. Has this always been the case? Or have you noticed the bass is too high recently? This is not something that can be adjusted as the speaker does not have manual EQ settings. I would recommend exploring the audio settings through the application you are using. For example, Spotify has a bass booster and a bass reducer. Additionally, the device you have connected may also have its own settings.

Repositioning the speaker can also he;p to decrease bass. Moving the system away from a wall or corner, or placing the system on or near soft surfaces, decreases bass response. The system's tone characteristics change depending on location and environment. 

You could also try testing a different device/apps to see if you experience the same problem. 

If the problem did just randomly occur, a reset may help this. To perform a reset, power on the speaker and press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light blinks blue and a voice prompt instructs you to select a language. 

Once you have tested all of the above, get back to me and let me know if there is any improvement at all. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Thank you much for your tips. It helps with adjustments from sportify.

Cheers

Christyn 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2020

I have tried to set the EQ from my IPhone and it does nothing. It’s really hard to understand spoken word. There is very little upper mid range and treble when listening to audio books from the iPhone.