Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2021

Alexa Notifications don't Clear on Portable Home Speaker

Pretty simple but if I have the Portable Home Speaker read out the notifications it does not clear after it provides the information from the notification, the light is still yellow and it's yellow on my other Alexa devices. On the other hand, if I get a read-out from an Amazon device it clears after it's spoken and it ALSO clears it from the Bose speaker. REceived the speaker yesterday, so it updated to the latest firmware and I'm familiar with voice assistants both Alexa and Google.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Alexa Notifications don't Clear on Portable Home Speaker

Hi Asyd_Rayn,

It's weird that getting Alexa to read the notifications from your Bose speaker does not clear the notification alert, but doing so from an Echo does. Are any other commands on your Portable Home Speaker for Alexa not working correctly, or have you had any difficulty with other Alexa commands?

To make sure the connection between your Alexa account and the speaker is working correctly, I would recommend removing Alexa and re-adding it to the speaker by following the steps shown HERE.

I look forward to getting to the bottom of this with you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2021

Hey Keith, yeah, did that already. I'm very familiar with both Alexas and Google Home, so it sounds like the Bose is not sending what it needs to the cloud to indicate that the message or notification has been heard from the Bose. The Bose does turn off its ring if I listen from another one of my Amazon devices in the house. So it seems it works one way but not from the Bose speaker -- perhaps it's an API tweek.

Thanks for the update Asyd_Rayn.

As simply removing and re-adding Alexa has not worked, it sounds like you'll need to perform a full and extensive Alexa "cleanse" for the speaker - this includes removing any associated Bose Skills within the Amazon Alexa app, and removing the associating/memory for the Bose products within the Alexa app under "devices" by removing the product. 

1. Remove Alexa from the speaker within the Bose Music app 
  2. Disable the Bose (Not For SoundTouch) skill in the Alexa app
  3. Delete, remove, or de-authorize the Bose speaker in the Alexa app
  4. Factory reset the speaker by following the steps shown HERE
  5. Set the speaker back up with the Bose Music app and Alexa

Let me know if this allows you to clear the notifications from the speaker once you have finished the cleanse!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!