Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaquie
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

Annoying beep on Soundlink

I also have a very annoying beep on our Soundlink speaker that worked well for years.

Next problem - after trying different cables with no luck, I pressed on the "here" button of a similar post but came back to the community via the "help" page.

How can I get help from Bose please?

4 REPLIES 4
Charlotte_G

Re: Annoying beep on Soundlink

Hey @Jaquie, welcome to the Bose Community!

I am sorry to hear that your SoundLink speaker is producing this beeping noise. To provide you with the most accurate assistance, could you confirm which SoundLink speaker you have? You can use our product finder if you're unsure.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jaquie
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

Jaquie_0-1604776780757.png

Jaquie_1-1604776780758.png

SOUNDLINK® BLUETOOTH® MOBILE SPEAKER II

Hello Charlotte_G,

This is our (formerly) fantastic speaker. We've always been really happy with it. 

It would be just great if you could help us get rid of the beep.

Hopefully,

Jaquie

Keith_L
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know that jacquie!

As you mentioned trying other cables with the speaker, were these power cables? The speaker will make a beeping noise when connected to power to charge, if the power cable you are using is not connected securely, or only delivering power intermittently, it would explain the beeping noise you are hearing. If you haven't already, then try using another power outlet, or other power cables and see if you still get the beeping sound.

What I would recommend doing next is a reset of the speaker. To do this what you need to do is press and hold the Mute button, on the top of the speaker, for 10 seconds. The product lights will flash, then turn off once reset.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
cfapm
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2021

None of the steps suggested resolved the problem with my brand new Soundlink Mini II.  Access to live Bose Tech Support has been intentionally made very difficult.  I'll give it one more try, then will return this deficient product back to the store and never buy Bose again. .