bkog
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

Appears to be paired with MacBook Air, but won't play

My MB Air shows that it's paired with the speaker, but when I play music, it still comes through the computer's speakers and not the Bose speaker. How do I fix this? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Appears to be paired with MacBook Air, but won't play

Hi bkog. 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am sorry that you are unable to get a connection between your speaker and MacBook. I would like to assist you with this. 

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, what speaker is it you own? Please use this link to help you in identifying your speaker. 

Do let us know, we would love to get this resolved for you.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
bkog
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

Thanks, Tegan! I have a SoundLink Revolve+ Bluetooth® speaker.

Highlighted

Hi bkog, 

Thank you for confirming this. 

Have you ever been able to successfully pair and play music from your speaker whilst connected to your Mac in the past?

Do you experience this with any other Bluetooth device?

I would firstly suggest in resetting your product. This can be done by the following instructions;

• Disconnect the power cord
  • Power on your product using battery power
  • Press and hold the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow.

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
bkog
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

Thanks, Tegan. It turned out to be with my Sound input settings on my MacBook Air. For some reason, Bose was selected for Sound Input, while the internal speakers were selected for Output. Once I fixed that, it worked.