ameliachristiemiller
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 30, 2016

BOSE SL III crackling // disrupted sound

Hi There, 

My Soundlink III has suddenly started being very crackly when playing music. It breaks up the sound as if it's a poor connection. I was wondering if there was anything I could do? I've tried resetting it. I really don't want to buy a new one as I'm super keen on fixing things - any advice?

Amelia

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: BOSE SL III crackling // disrupted sound

Hi ameliachristiemiller,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear the sound of your speaker has deteriorated and I would be happy to help with this.

It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting already, so thank you for doing that and letting us know. Resetting the speaker is a great place to start when experiencing something like this.

The crackly sound you hear when playing music, is it present no matter what you play through your speaker? Have you tried using any other Bluetooth devices, or connecting a speaker via an AUX cable at all?

If it happens with all audio sources and the reset has not fixed it, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.