Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2020

BOSE SOUNDLINK III

• I have a Bose Soundlink 3 model 414255 SN: 061392940520887AE, bought second hand last week, First i have poblem of charging the battery then i found out that the batteries is not ariginal by opened it. Is a 3 batteries wrap together and there is a tiny connector coming out of this wrap. Second, there is a hum noise sound when the speaker is on. My question is, It is a FAKE Bose Spearker and if not how i can fixe the hum noise and also replace the 3 batteries
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2020

Re: BOSE SOUNDLINK III

I own a soundlink iii. My battery died yesterday after many years of service. I was about to order a replacement battery from Amazon when I discovered that my particular unit was not built with a replaceable battery. 

im having to send it to Bose for replacement. I’ve paid $90. Bose had not sent me the return label. I cannot find a button on the support(?) site to help me resolve the issue, and the phone wait time at the company is horrendous. 

wait time was horrendous even before the Wuhan attack, so I don’t see much difference now. 

The Bose customer service of today has sub-basement status compared to the service I came to expect after I purchased my first-wave Wave system 15-20 years ago.