Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

BOSE SOUNDLINK RESOLVE

I received my new Bose Sounlink revolve today. Though I could answer normal phone calls, it is not working for whatsapp calls and skype calls which is disappointing as I use them to call for most of the times (by the way the seller assured me I could answer all the calls). Is there anything I can do before deciding to send the item back? Thanks in advance for a clear reply. Regards, Stefano

7 REPLIES 7

Re: BOSE SOUNDLINK RESOLVE

Hello lagash, 

Thank you for joining the Bose Community. Welcome to the site!

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues placing calls on your SoundLink Revolve.

I have just tested this personally and can confirm this works. When you are on the call screen (on WhatsApp) you need to tap the speaker icon to select the SoundLink Revolve as the output device. By default, your phone will be outputting audio to the built-in phone speaker. 

I hope this helps!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

Hi Jeff,

I've tried but it doesn't work. On whatsup - as soon as I start a call - the bluetooth connection to my SoundLink Revolve is on but after 1 second it switched off and the  SoundLink Revolve says "Call ended" despite my call is still on. The same thing happens with Skype.
Any suggestions?
Regards,
Stefano

Hey Lagash, 

Thanks for reaching back out to us today! Sorry to hear that the steps above did not resolve this for you. 

Let's ensure that your speaker is running the latest firmware version by connecting it to a PC and visiting our online updater, then follow the onscreen instructions to update the speaker. 

Could you please also let us know which device you are using to connect to the speaker? If you have more than one device, could you please also attempt to make the call from this second device? 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

Hi Hector, I've updated the software and tried to connect whatsup and skype both with my Samsung Note 9 and my laptop HP but there's no chance to connect my BOSE Resolve microphone&speaker. Nevertheless my BOSE Resolve is working as speaker for youtube on my laptop HP.

How to proceed?

Regards,
Stefano

Hi Stefano,

Please, could you reset your speaker by holding the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow.

I would then recommend that you clear the pairing list on the speaker. To do this, hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a tone. On any previously connected device, go to the Bluetooth list and delete the entry of the SoundLink Revolve. 

Now reconnect, and test if you are able to make WhatsApp/Skype calls.

Let me know how this goes.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

Dear Charlotte,

thanks for your email. I've followed all the steps you suggested but the situation didn't change: I can answer phone calls but no WhatsApp/Skype calls. Any other ideas?
Thanks a lot, Stefano

Hello Stefano, 

My apologies, when I tested, I used an iPhone. It works fine on iOS it would seem. 

Have you tried using the Samsung app "Sound Assistant" to modify audio output routings on your phone? This can let you select a Bluetooth speaker as the default audio output for specific apps among other features. 

You can find Sound Assistant here.

Let me know how you get on!

Kind regards,

Jeff G