Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

BOSE Soundlink III

I have BOSE Soundlink III and I find it very annoying to switching devices and connecting them to it!

I can not automatically connect (previosuly connected devices) to it because I have to physically press the Bluetooth button and then try to connect the device and in many cases the speaker is away from me so I have to walk to it every single time I need to connect to different device to it?!

Is there a solution PLEASE?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: BOSE Soundlink III

Author Accepted Answer selected by jys

Hello jys,

I understand that with newer models of Bluetooth speakers, you're able to connect directly from your media device, but the SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III supports Bluetooth 2.1 which does not support this. 

I am sorry if this may disappoint you but do let me know if you have any questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by jys

Hello jys,

I understand that with newer models of Bluetooth speakers, you're able to connect directly from your media device, but the SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III supports Bluetooth 2.1 which does not support this. 

I am sorry if this may disappoint you but do let me know if you have any questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

Thank you for your reply

it’s disappointing and they should have an update for the speaker

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

And since they don't have an update, making it necessary for me to have to manually connect my Soundlink each time I want to use it, I will think twice about buying another speaker from Bose, a company who does not care enough about their customers to keep their products up to date.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

I suppose Bose thinks it's good for sales, to force customers to buy new speakers rather than just updating them.  What they don't seem to understand is that the customer is under no obligation to replace the speaker with another Bose product.  In fact, they are highly unlikely to.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2020

If they made a connection with multiple Soundlink III, still the best PS in my opinion I would buy 4 for each room of my house, after reading reading all the admin answers on the forum goodbye bose hello Harman or canton. Might even getting factory rangerover speakers replaced.