Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Battery Drain

I need an opinion from a moderator.  I just posted a response that may be apropo to my own situation.  As I posted here a month or so back, both my Revolve batteries were no longer holding a charge and so I sent them both back to Bose for repair/battery replacement.

So I fully charged both units well after it said 100%.  Then after a week of non-use they responded to 90% and now 80% (without use).   I am thinking the batteries are being drawn a bit from being in BLE mode.  I am going to next try to fully charge each and then use the multifunction key to turn them both off until they are used.  Let's see if and how long they hold at 100%.

OR - do the batteries need to be replaced again
OR - is it perfectly normally for brand new batteries to drain even if totally off and if so how much

Opinions?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Battery Drain

Hey Joel, 

Thanks for posting, I would love to try and help. 

I can confirm that you are correct that the batteries will drain slightly because they are continually broadcasting a BLE signal even when not powered on. I don't know a specific amount of time that it should take the battery to drain, but in my own personal experience, I've had a speaker go at least 30 days (if not more) with the battery still having a charge.

I do hope that this helps! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Battery Drain

@Vicky_W 

My 'experiment' unfortunately did not end as I would have hoped.  I had both Revolves (which Bose had 'repaired' by replacing the circuit board and batteries on both) fully charged to 100% and then turned them both totally with the multifunction key.  After such a repair, I would expect that both units would be able to hold at 100% for days.  I can say that my ear units such as my QC35ii and Soundsport both behave that way - when they are fully charged to 100% they will stay at 100% for days (sometime weeks) if not used.

I tried the 'experiment' twice - in both cases (after about one day or slightly less than a day), one Revolve came up at 90% and one came up at 80%.  The 90% had a 2017 manufacturing date and the 80% had a 2016 manufacturing date.  I called up Bose support and we agreed that I will send them both back again but this time, they will replace them with new units.

I hope that the new units can hold a charge at 100% for at least a few days perhaps over a week when not in use.  My Bose headphones/ear buds do.