Best PA system for Dance studio?

SOLVED
Audible Advocate

Best PA system for Dance studio?

I am in desperate need of a new sound system ASAP for my dance studio.  2500 sq feet open space.  I need something that will last a long time with no trouble.  I have been through at least 4 bluetooth speakers in 3 years and a total of 6 stereo systems in 22 years. We only use iphones, ipods and ipads (sometimes laptops) to play music from.  We do occasionally have to supply sound at performance venues but not often so portable would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorJeff_G

Accepted Solutions

Re: Best PA system for Dance studio?

Hi ForADancer, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

The only system that I would suggest would be the S1 Pro System. You can find more information about it here. 

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reach back out to the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

4 REPLIES 4

Hi ForADancer, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

The only system that I would suggest would be the S1 Pro System. You can find more information about it here. 

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reach back out to the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz

@ForADancer 

I don't work for Bose so I would look at it differently.  The current Bose bluetooth speaker is the Revolve and you can certainly use two Revolves together - I use that approach to demo my music/film scores (I am a film composer).  That is plenty loud but probably a bit pricey - and I don't use it with Bluetooth from my laptop - just my phone since I do not find the Revolve Party/Stereo mode to be reliable for my laptop.  So when I play from my laptop, I do it 'wired' with a 'stereo splitter'.

I also have a previous Bose, "Soundlink Mini 2" which doesn't provide great stereo sound but it is plenty loud.  On Amazon, the Soundlink Mini 2 is about $150.  The beauty of Prime if you have it, is you can try it out and if that is not loud enough for you, you can return it.

Audible Advocate

Will this play loud enough at open venues?

Wistful Whiz

I'm a wedding videographer and would not use them at venues that are small halls.  I have shot a wedding in a smaller restaurant back room which say have 30 to 50 guests and the couple used a Bose which seemed to be well loud enough.  It would be more than loud enough at the ballet studio rooms say my grandaughter has classes in.  I use my Revolve's in a classroom though I have used it in a standard 200 to 300 seat room movie theater and it sounded loud to me though as you know, what sounds loud on stage in front will sound much software in the back.  So the only way to know for sure is to try - it will work imho for medium size rooms with say 8 foot or less ceilings.  I can't say for the larger rooms whether you will be happy with the volume or not.  For say sports bars with stages or other performance venues, there is a reason why the band or dj use dj speakers or band members like me use Roland KC-500 amps that I can hear across the street Smiley Happy