Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Blinking Red Light on Revolve +

My Revolve+ was playing music yesterday and then just stopped.  Thought the battery had died and started to charge it and when I plugged it in all i would get is a blinking red light and it will not connect or charge.  What can I do?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Re: Blinking Red Light on Revolve +

I also went online and it said to try and plug it into my computer and go to bose website and follow the prompts but i cant find any prompts to follow.  it was also suggested to try and hold down the power button for 10 seconds and reset it but that is not working either.

Highlighted

Hi CROD, 

I am sorry to hear that your SoundLink Revolve+ has stopped working. 

Thanks for looking into some troubleshooting, these were great initial steps to take. 

If your SoundLink Revolve+ is flashing red, this would indicate a batter error. Some else I can suggest is that you use an alternate charging cable?

If this doesn't provide any improvements I would suggest that you reach out to your local product support team for assistance. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Tegan_M  With all due respect - I don't know what center is being suggested here but I just tried calling the US one which said they are open 9 to 9 eastern and that suggests they should have been open another hour but the message is their closed.  So either they are shut down for covid or their hours should have been changed in the message.  I sure wish y'all (the moderators) would not suggest calling a call center unless you can tell us which ones are open and which are closed for covid.

As far as the battery issue, what I have found since I have had three Revolves with battery issues is the following.  The problems of not holding a charge and losing power on the first two were misdiagnosed imho as battery problems when in fact they were probably not.

Last week as I reported separately here, I had a unit that refused to charge above 90% and then I kept it plugged in and the percentage kept going down.  I reset the unit by first holding down the multifunction key until the lights blinked, then powered on holding down the top button until the unit reset, plugged it in to power it back on (otherwise it would not power on), and this totally reset the unit so I returned to the English prompt.  At that point I started charging, it went back up eventually to 100% and stayed at this value now a week without being used.

I wish y'all would offer the reset as a viable troubleshooting option.  I personally believe this issue is caused by something in the firmware and the firmware needs to be fixed to stop this from happening.

Highlighted
Community Manager

@joelirwin within the USA, our phone lines have updated operating hours, which is reflected on the website. Where were you informed that they're currently operating 9 AM - 9 PM ET? You may need to clear your cache if you're still viewing an outdated page. We also have online self-service for many of our products, available HERE if that helps! 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Andy_BNot sure what you are talking about.  The hours were not read on the internet.  There is nothing to refresh - nothing outdated - I call the Bose support number and they gave me their hours and I was within those hours and they were closed.

Highlighted
Community Manager

@joelirwin In these quickly-evolving times, our phone line messaging has been updated to reflect any amended operating hours. What number were you calling? 

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Andy_Bfyi - I just tried contacting the US support center at 800-379-2073.  The hours of operation message is no longer being said.  It allowed me to go through the options for tech support for a Revolve and then it said the support center is closed.

Highlighted
Community Manager

@joelirwin thanks for confirming! As you heard on the call, it also notes that some options may not be available in these changing times, but online support is always accessible - both through our support site (here), online self-service for repairs (here) and our Community forums (here!)

Let's get this conversation back on topic. As noted above by Tegan here, if you're experiencing a physical fault, please use our available support methods and tools. Thanks once again!