Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

Bluetooth connection

I am using SoundLink Micro Bluetooth® speaker for Skype Business calls (Windows 10). But frequently Bluetooth connection is interrupted. Due to which people in meeting cannot hear my talk clearly. Why is this issue coming up? Any solutions.
The product is brand new (purchased 22/07/2020) and software is updated yesterday.

(Edited by moderator) 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bluetooth connection

Hello Mekashyap, 

Welcome to the Community! Sorry to hear that you are having some connection issues when using Skype with your SoundLink Micro. 

Can you please try testing the speaker with a different calling service, as well as another device to see if the same issue occurs?

I would recommend that we update the speaker by connecting it to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please visit our Online Updater and follow the on-screen instructions. 

I look forward to your reply with the result of these steps above. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

Thanks for the feedback, I did update my microlink Bluetooth speaker as recommended.

But the problem still persists. What should be done?

Thanks for trying that, @mekashyap. Sorry to hear that didn't quite solve things.

Do you keep within the Bluetooth range of 33ft(10m) when using the speaker with your laptop? Also, have you tried clearing the pairing list of both the speaker and your laptop and then re-establishing the connection?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

Yes I kept the speaker very close by to the laptop - 20 cm range. I did un-pair all devices and reconnected the Bose micro soundlink. But the Bluetooth is connection fails during the calls.

Does this speaker work if connected via USB cable to laptop (instead of Bluetooth)?

If this also doesn't work what should I do?

No worries mekashyap, thanks for the update!

You wouldn't be able to use the speaker with the USB cable for your calls, this is only possible with a Bluetooth connection.

When you say the connection fails, is this a short interruption in the sound or does it disconnect completely? 

If it is a short interruption, then the Bluetooth signal could be suffering from wireless interference. Try using it in another location and see if you still see the same behavior. If you can limit the number of other wireless devices near or between it and the computer this would help as well!

If it is disconnecting completely, try disabling the auto-off timer on the speaker. You can do this in the Bose Connect app by going to Settings > Standby Timer > Never, or by simultaneously pressing and holding the Mutli-function and Volume + buttons until a tone or voice prompt confirms the setting.

Let me know how this goes!

Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

I tried sitting in a different locations with only laptop and the Bluetooth speaker to avoid wireless interruptions -> Problems of short disconnections keep occurring.

I even tried disabling the auto-off timer on the speaker and reconfigured Bluetooth connection settings in laptop. -> Problems of short disconnections keep occurring.

I don't find the solutions nor this product satisfactory. What Should I do now?

Refer image - Poor audio quality keeps comingRefer image - Poor audio quality keeps coming

Hi mekashyap

As the steps you have tried so far haven't done the trick for you, what I would recommend doing next is clearing the Bluetooth pairing between the speaker and your computer. To do this, what you need to do is turn the speaker on, then press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until you hear a tone. You will also want to forget the speaker from your computer's Bluetooth device list before reconnecting them.

Have you tried using the speaker to make calls on any other devices? If you were to connect it to a smartphone or tablet and make a call would you get the same behavior from the speaker?