Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Bluetooth issues

Hi all,

I’ve been having this ongoing issue with my Mini 2 SE. When I first connect my iphone to the speaker after work to listen to some podcasts, the speaker says its connected, but there’s no sound. Sometimes, after a while, audio will start playing if I leave the podcast play (but it sucks having to restart from the beginning every time-everyday). Very rarely it will just start blinking blue and I have to turn it off and on. 

I’ve updated the firmware to the latest version, as I always do. Sometimes I reset the device memory on it, but that only worked for awhile on the first Mini.

That’s the thing, I’ve had the same issue when I bought the Mini 1. Then the Mini II came out and I still had the same issue. I now have Mini 2 SE, and it has the same issue. Over the years i’ve own many different iphones, but always the same issue. My friends have connected Androids and it happens to them. Can I ask what Bluetooth version the Mini II SE has?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bluetooth issues

Hello Jaassoonn, 

Thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your speaker. 

To give me a better insight into this issue, can you please confirm:

- Does the issue only occur with the podcast app? What about general music apps?

- What app(s) are you using? 

- What device are you pairing the speaker to?

- Have you tried pairing the speaker to other devices?

Have you also tried to reset the speaker and tried to establish a new connection? On a SoundLink Mini II, you hold the power button for 10 seconds to reset it. 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.