Bluetooth signal skipping and breaking up while connected to two speakers

Quiet Contributor

Bluetooth signal skipping and breaking up while connected to two speakers

Very frustrated. I have two Bose revolve+ speakers. I can play one at a time for hours just fine, either speaker, but when paired together via bose connct app, the sound breaks and skips constantly. I've rebooted, deleted and reimnstalled the app, updated all spoftware etc. .  etc. .  same issue ONLY when running 2 speakers,  please help

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Bluetooth signal skipping and breaking up while connected to two speakers

Hi Johnwilkey, 

Thanks for  reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your Revolve+ when using them in party mode. To start with please can you ensure that only one speaker is on and connected to the device you are streaming the music from as having both speakers connected may cause issues. It would also be beneficial to pause the audio playing before putting the speakers into party mode and only playing again when the speakers are set up. As an alternative to using the app to pair the speakers, I would also suggest trying to manually pair the two speakers, to do this:  

1. Turn on both speakers
  2. Be sure one of the two speakers is connected to your Bluetooth device
  3. On the speaker connected to your device, press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons simultaneously until you hear a voice prompt
  4. On the second speaker, press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume – buttons simultaneously until you hear a tone. After approximately 10 seconds, “Party mode” is heard from both speakers, confirming you can play audio in unison from both speakers

Let me know if the issue still persists and then we can look to alternative solutions. 

Have a wonderful day! 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky_W - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

no help. . . .  sound starts skipping immediately as soon as both start playing  

Hi Johnwilkey, 

I'm sorry this did not resolve the issue for you. 

Another option to try would be to factory reset the speakers to see if this would resolve the issue. to do so please follow the steps below - 

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds
  3. Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

If this does not help, please let us know.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

I have tried this several times. no help

Highlighted

I'm sorry this has not resolved the issue. 

May I ask how far away the speakers are from each other? The intermittent audio could be caused by interference.

Many thanks

Leon_C

Quiet Contributor

right next to each other and up to 10 feet away doesn't make a differece. This JUST started a week ago. For almost 2 years prior, they worked great together, even up to 20+ feet away,  and yes, I updated the softeware thru bose connect app.  still no help.

Hi Johnwilkey, 

I am sorry this has not worked. Could you please try connecting the speakers in a different rotation, so the speaker that is currently connected to the phone becomes the secondary speaker? Could you please also test using a difference device, another phone or tablet if possible?

Let me know how you get on. 

Many thanks, 

Vicky_W

Quiet Contributor

ok, follow me here.   The speakers are numbered "1 and 2"  I have never been able to connect them both if I'm connected to number 2 first. it has always bumped off with "mobile devicenot found" prompt. However If I connect to speaker "1" first, I can easily connect to 2. I just tried without using the Bose connect app. Same issue, I can ONLY connect to number 2 if I'm connected to number 1 first. NOT the other way around. 

I connected to speaker 2 first, paused music, turned on speaker 1, pressed bluetooth and volume + at same time, I was prompted as before to press bluetooth and volume - buttong at the same time on another device, I did this on speaker 1 which immediatly speaker 2 prompted mobile device not found. 

I have to be connected to 1 before 2 not the other way around and that makes no sense to me

Hi Johnwilkey, 

Can you please clarify if you have done troubleshooting on both of the devices? E.g. you have factory reset, updated the software, cleared the Bluetooth device list on both and disconnected both from the app and reconnected?  If so can you also please let me know which music service you are using as this will help me to determine your problem. 

Could you also please let me know if when using another device to connect the speakers, do you get the same issue? 

Many thanks, 

Vicky_W