kelscabr
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

Bose App Will NOT open on Mac

I have a bose mini soundlink and I think I have to update the software (the battery ran empty and now it won’t charge). The software update app doesn’t launch on my mac. I have downloaded the correct app and if I click “launch” it still won’t open. I have also tired to use the btu.bose. com link and I click on my product and it still does not work...... Thanks! Kelsey

5 REPLIES 5
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose App Will NOT open on Mac

Hi Kelsey,

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry you're having trouble updating your SoundLink Mini on your Mac.

Could you please try deleting the installer and ensure you empty it from the trash and then re-download it.

If this is unsuccessful, could you please let me know the OS X version of your Mac?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
kelscabr
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

Hey Charlotte,

I deleted and emptied my trash and re-dowloaded the app and it is still not working.

My current OS X version of my Mac is Version 10.10.5

Thanks,

Kelsey

Jessie_O

Hi Kelsey, 

I do not think that moving it to the trash is enough. Could you find the application in 'Finder' and click the uninstall button. 

Let me know if this helps!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
kelscabr
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

It is still not working...

Vicky_W

Sorry about this Kelsey. Can I please ask which browsers you are trying to use and if you have another device you can try with?