Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

Bose Connect App won’t connect to Soundlink micro Bluetooth Speaker

I tried multiple times connecting, tried shutting off the speaker and the iPhone X Max and, while the app recognizes the speaker and says ‘connecting’ it won’t actually connect. I finally used the phone’s Bluetooth connection to pair the two but I thought the app was the recommended method

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Bose Connect App won’t connect to Soundlink micro Bluetooth Speaker

Hi Pfraser, 

thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the application. This is most unusual and I will do all I can to assist you! 

I would recommend clearing the Bluetooth history on the Micro by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button. Then clear the pairing in your source device and try again! 

Make sure all your devices are up to date and then try pairing again.

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

How do I ensure my Bose speaker is updated? Since it can’t connect to the Bose connect app, I can’t update it. I’ve been experiencing this same issue for months now and it’s pretty frustrating.

Hi @HLM329,

Apologies for the continued troubles you're experiencing trying to have your speaker connected to the Bose Connect app. I hope I can guide you in the right direction.

As you cannot access the Bose Connect app, I'd recommend trying a manual update of your SoundLink Micro speaker using our updater website - btu.bose.com

If you visit that page and follow the relevant steps, you'll be able to push a firmware update onto your speaker - as you're looking to do.

Give that a try and let me know how things go!

Warm regards,

Sam F

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2020

Hi- 

Same issue. Steps taken/actions observed:

1. Firmware updated on speaker
  2. Micro pairs readily with the phone via Bluetooth & works with no issue.
  3. Long hold on speaker Bluetooth button to clear any pairing settings
  4. Multiple forget device/repairings on phone
  5. App readily recognizes separate Bose home speaker
  6. Running iOS 13.4.1
  7. Bose App 3.2.2

Normally I wouldn't care, but I am looking to bridge the 2 devices, and/or bridge with a friend's Micro.

Shouldn't be this hard. Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

~Kasperghost

Hi kasperghost,

Just to double-check something with you, are you using the Bose Connect app with your SoundLink Micro? There are couple things you have mentioned that make it sound like you are trying to connect to the Bose Music app with your SoundLink Micro which would not be possible.

The reason it sounds like this, is the Home Speakers that you mentioned having in the app will use the Bose Music app. Also, the latest version of the Bose Connect app is 11.0.1 not 3.2.2.

There are likely 2 parts to get you up and running as you intend. The first would be installing the Bose Connect app on your iPhone. This will allow you to control the Micro and connect it to your friends Micro as well. You can find more information on doing this HERE.

The next will be grouping the Micro with your Home Speaker. To do this you don't need to add the Micro as a separate speaker in the Bose Music app, you would group it to your Home Speaker from the grouping menu via Bluetooth. How you would do this can be found HERE.

I hope this helps! Let me know how you get on!

Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2020

So I figured out a few things after some trial and error- While not directly related to the original post- very useful information.

A Priori: Bose needs one app to "Rule Them All."

I wanted to connect the Micro to another Micro. Not having that, I wanted to connect the Micro to the Home Speaker. So I had to bind each speaker to its own app: Home Speaker to Bose Music App, and Micro to Bose Connect. I then had to go into Bose Music App and slave the Micro to the Home Speaker and control everything through the Bose Music App. As a side note: To get music to play from Apple Music, I had to go to the Apple Music App and use the Airplay feature since I couldn't figure out how to add Apple Music to the Bose Music App.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2021

I am having the exact same issue. My phone and ipad are fine with the Bose Micro Soundlink, but my computer will not pair with it. I tried downloading the Bose updater, but that won't open on my computer. help! 

Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2021

never mind - i just connected the bose to my computer USB port and now it's updating!