Saikhasm
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

Bose Connect App

Hello, just wondering why Bose Connect at Android demands location to work or refuse to work while Apple Store version doesn’t. I would prefer no to be forced to share my location or any information I don’t want to share.

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Connect App

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hi Saikhasm, 

Thank you for your post and welcome the Community!

I can understand why you would feel a little uneasy about your GPS and Location settings, allow me to help explain why we use them. 

The Bose Connect app collects standard things like device information, app performance, and product and app usage. That includes collecting song information, volume played and other usage data when you use your compatible Bose Bluetooth product and the Bose Connect app together, but we don’t attach your name to any data we collect. I have included a LINK HERE to our privacy policy that will give you all the information you need regarding this data. For information specific to the Bose Connect App, you will need section 2 titled 'information we collect through automated means'. 

If after reading the policy you decide you do not wish to share this information, that's fine too. You can select opt out in the Bose Connect app. Go to the app’s main menu, select Privacy Policy, and Settings, and use the toggle switch to opt out from data collection. 

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions regarding our policy or anything else we can help with, please reach out again. 

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose Connect App

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hi Saikhasm, 

Thank you for your post and welcome the Community!

I can understand why you would feel a little uneasy about your GPS and Location settings, allow me to help explain why we use them. 

The Bose Connect app collects standard things like device information, app performance, and product and app usage. That includes collecting song information, volume played and other usage data when you use your compatible Bose Bluetooth product and the Bose Connect app together, but we don’t attach your name to any data we collect. I have included a LINK HERE to our privacy policy that will give you all the information you need regarding this data. For information specific to the Bose Connect App, you will need section 2 titled 'information we collect through automated means'. 

If after reading the policy you decide you do not wish to share this information, that's fine too. You can select opt out in the Bose Connect app. Go to the app’s main menu, select Privacy Policy, and Settings, and use the toggle switch to opt out from data collection. 

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions regarding our policy or anything else we can help with, please reach out again. 

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support