Fábio Sobrinho
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2020

Bose Home Speaker 500 - Alexa language

Hello!

I have a Bose Home Speaker 500 w/ Alexa working fine from an year or so until today.

I had to reset my WiFi and reconfigure (Factory Reset) my Bose 500 speaker. The issue now is: 

- I have the Alexa Assistant configured in Portuguese as preferred language in the Bose Music App. But when I say "Alexa, bom dia" which means "Alexa, good morning" Alexa is answering me in English but my language set up is Portuguese. 

- I tried to update the language in my Amazon Alexa app, but there is no option to change language there (Setting --> Device Settings --> Device Name --> Language). The language field does not exist.

Some technical information:

- Where I am located: Brazil

- Bose 500 Firmware: 8.0.14-8927+0aa351d

- Bose Music version: 3.4.1

- Bose Music preferred language: Portuguese

- Amazon Alexa version: 2.2.35

- Amazon Alexa preferred language: Portuguese

- My phone: Iphone 7

- Software version: 13.6

Appreciate your response to my issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fábio Sobrinho
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2020

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 - Alexa language

Author Accepted Answer selected by Fábio Sobrinho

Hello! 

I've updated my Bose Music app today (Aug 4) and tested Alexa...and now she is answering correctly in Portuguese. No other action was taken! Thank you for your support. 

Fábio

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_F

Hey Fabio,

I hope you've had a great experience using your Home Speaker 500 so far! Thanks for taking the time to post regarding your Alexa language issue.

Do you remember the option for 'language' being available in the Alexa app before you factory reset your speaker? Or, did you never have to look for this in the past because automatically responded to Portuguese?

Since you've performed a factory reset I'd advise is to disconnect your Alexa account from the Bose Music app, and then re-connecting your amazon account to re-establish Alexa. What you may find is that this time around the Alexa voice assistant correctly responds in Portugues. But let me know how you get on and what you find!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Fábio Sobrinho
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Fábio Sobrinho

Hello! 

I've updated my Bose Music app today (Aug 4) and tested Alexa...and now she is answering correctly in Portuguese. No other action was taken! Thank you for your support. 

Fábio

View solution in original post