Home Speaker 500

Country

US

Firmware Version

11.0.16-4

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Anything

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I don't know what suddenly changed but I have been using my home speaker 500 for a while with no issues at all and then suddenly started to get a buzzing sound when the volume is at anything but very low. Even with the base down low it still occurs. It buzzes whether connecting through bluetooth or directly to Spotify via Alexa, makes no difference. 

I tried moving to a different place, different surface to mount it on with no difference at all. This is not a cheap speaker but is completely useless now!

Where do you run into the issue?

This week

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

It worked perfectly before but came out of nowhere

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Moving the speaker, checking the firmware, trying different source. Nothing made a difference.

1 REPLY 1
Tegan_M

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 Buzzing

Hi Mickknowles1412,

Welcome to the community, so sorry to hear that you are experiencing some sort of feedback from your speaker suddenly. 

Thanks for trying some great troubleshooting already, what I would next suggest is that you take a look at our online troubleshooting guide HERE. You'll find some other additional steps to try.

If this continues, let us know and we can look into the next available steps with you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!