robert@kimfarley.org
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

Bose L1 connection to Denon AV Receiver

I am wanting to know how best to connect a Denon AVR-X1600H AV Receiver to the Bose L1 PA system.

Specifically, when I am showing a movie in our home with a lot of people, I want to shift from the audio from the Denon Receiver going to my home theatre 5.1 speaker system (which works well with only a few people in the room near the TV and Receiver) to go from the Denon Receiver into the Bose L1 to have good sound all the way to the back of the room.

I am not sure what output on the Denon Receiver and what input on the Bose L1 I should be using.

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose L1 connection to Denon AV Receiver

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

As the L1 is not a passive system, it would not be possible to connect this to a receiver. This system is a standalone unit. 

I would like to open up the conversation to the Community to offer their input.

I am sorry that I am unable to assist further.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

robert@kimfarley.org
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

Dear Charlotte,

Thank you for your reply.

How about the idea of going from the headphone jack of the Denon AV Receiver to the 3.5mm input jack of the Bose L1 -- would that work?

I appreciate your opening up this to the Bose community in case someone may have had this issue arise and found a "work-around."

Also, I have a Bose T1 tonebridge in case there is some suggestion you may have about a way to connect a Denon AV receiver to the T1 that could then feed into the L1.

With best regards,

Bob

Hello Bob, 

From my understanding, using the headphones jack on your receiver will then output the audio-only to the L1. I am not completely familiar with your receiver so this may not be the case, but in general terms, this is the case.

Regarding your T1, I would like to direct you to our Pro Community for the most accurate advice! 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G