Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Bose Micro Soundlink Strap Quality

I love this speaker - great sound, super durable, with very good batter life.  I use it every day on my bike.  When I bought it, the VERY first thing I wondered was if that strap would be secure and would stand up to time and use.

We are exaclty 6 days outside of the one year mark, and lo and behold, the silicone around the clasp tore out.

Per instructions from another forum post, I contacted Bose service.  The resolution is that I pay $80 for a replacement speaker.  Bose will send me packaging, I will send back my conveniently out of warranty speaker, wait "less than two weeks" for a replacement, and be on my way.

Buyer beware - that strap is not all Bose claims it is.  Not tough.  Don't use it.  

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Bose Micro Soundlink Strap Quality

Hello Pluckyjones,

Thanks for taking the time to join our Community Forums and posting. Sorry to hear that you experienced issues with your SoundLink Micro speaker's clasp, that's very unusual.

We'll be sending you a private message for additional information - please look out for this shortly.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

I also forgot to mention, I had just purchased (3 days prior), another Micro Link speaker for my husband. I will be sure to let him know that the strap is not really meant for repeated use on bikes.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey pluckyjones,

Thanks for your additional information. We've received your private message and have responded. 

Please do let us know if there's anything else that we can help with on the Community forums.

Kindest,

Andy B

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Hi, I was curious what the solution to this was.  I also have a soundlink micro and the silicone clasp on my strap ripped yesterday, a few months after the warranty expired.  The speaker still works perfectly.  I don't think its practical to replace the whole speaker at a not insignificant cost for a broken piece of silicone. It would be nice if the strap could be replaced!  Is there any way I can be helped here?  I tried to go through the support page, but it just tells me my warranty is expired and I have to buy a new one at a small discount.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Hi there,

I have also been using my Micro's strap when I go biking but I don't strap it in my bike's handle bars or anything round and tubular.

I think there's a limit on how big or thick the strap can handle before it would stretch and break.

Being made of rubber I think at some point it will begin to be brittle. Exposure to chemicals will also hasten its deterioration.

I only strap my Micro either on my belt, my belt-bag (fanny bag) or my back-pack straps.

I guess the only way to preserve the strap is to not use it to any tubular piece bigger than 3/4 of an inch, or better yet not use it at all and instead get a right-sized pouch or bag for it.

I know its silly but thats the only thing we can do to preserve the strap.

Hey go look around, there's a copy cat selling that looks exactly like the SL Micro.

I posted a topic about it here.

Highlighted

Hello Flyingroti, 

Welcome to the Community. Thank you for joining this discussion.

The strap on the Micro is not user-replaceable so I would encourage you to get in touch with local support to discuss your options for service. Details can be found here

Thanks!