Delta 2
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Bose Micro Stutters when connected to PC

Product: Bose Soundlink Micro

Region: UAE

Hello! 

My micro speaker always stutters/cut offs when playing any audio from the PC.

The speaker works just fine when connected to other mobile/tablets.

I have tried few tutorial on YouTube where you have to disable "hands free settings" on PCmake it work but unfortunately it hasn't helped.

Details of PC: Windows 10

Bluetooth 4.2

Any inputs appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_G

Re: Bose Micro Stutters when connected to PC

Hello Delta 2, 

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear your speaker is stuttering/cutting out when you play audio from your PC. 

Have you tried restarting the PC since this started happening?

I would also recommend unpairing and pairing to the PC again. You can do this by holding the Bluetooth button for around 10 seconds. On the computer, go to Settings >Bluetooth, locate the speaker, then remove it. 

If the problem persists, on your PC, visit this link to update the speaker.

Be sure to let me know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Delta 2
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Yes I have tried restarting

I have also done several unpair/pair and verified using the link that I'm indeed running the latest software update for the product.

Please let me know next step.

Thank you 🙂

Charlotte_G

@Delta 2 Have you connected a speaker to your PC before via Bluetooth? If so, have you noticed the same cut-offs/stuttering?

As this is only isolated to your PC, I do not believe there's a problem with the speaker. I'd recommend taking a look at some steps advised by Microsoft for Bluetooth audio issues - Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10. (If you scroll down 'Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth accessories' and then select Audio, there are some steps to follow)

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
fistagon
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2020

so me and my brothers have this issue as well.

We own many sound micros and notice the problem with only 3 of them.

those 3 have these in common-

updated on computer and not the phone like the others that don't mess up.

are the 2nd micro to pair with the computer, the first ones don't have this issue.

the ones that mess up also have other issues such as randomly turning off stuttering at the start of every song and randomly losing connection and needing to be repaired with computer.

i think this could be a software issue but might be a hardware issue.

I hope bose fixes these issues as more people use bose with their computers now then ever