bosemicrolinkuser
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Bose Microlink support for Zoom call? Error prompt *Beep-Call ended

I've purchased the Bose microlink on recommendation from friends.

The sound is great for such a compact piece. However, I noticed that this speaker doesn't seem to work as a speaker phone in zoom calls. 

The speaker kept on repeating the prompt *Beep* "Call ended".

Does anyone faces this issue and is there a way to fix it?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Sam_F

Re: Bose Microlink support for Zoom call? Error prompt *Beep-Call ended

Hey @bosemicrolinkuser,

That's quite unusual! Is this the first time you're trying to use your SoundLink Micro speaker for Zoom? 

Have you tried to clear the pairing list of your speaker following the instructions shown HERE, then tried re-connecting? Also, are you using Zoom through a PC/Mac, or a mobile device? Depending on what you are currently using, would you be able to try the speaker on the other using Zoom and let me know if you still have trouble?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
bosemicrolinkuser
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Thank you for your advise. I did the unpairing and cleared the BT list from the microsound link. After I paired the speaker with my mobile and tried the zoom call, the error voice prompt still persist ..Beep! Call ended. 

I've been having this problem since I purchase this unit in April. I also noticed with taking What's app call, this speaker only supports one party call.

Jeff_G

When answering the calls are you using the answer button on your mobile device?

Next time you take a call, try answering using the multi-function button on the speaker to see if that makes a difference. The multi-function button is the middle button with the 3 dots. 

Thanks. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ccyang
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

Hi, I'm also having the same issue, and I found no way for me to fix it.  I'm using Bose Micro Soundlink with my iPhone, and this happens to both Zoom and Webex.

I don't think it is an issue of using the button on the speaker or not, because one needs to join a meeting on Zoom or Webex on the phone instead of just answering a call.

TCero
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

I have the same problem while using my Android phone for Zoom. Beeps and hangs up over and over.  I'm sending the microlink back.

Sounds1972
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Yep, same issue here. Thought I could use the speaker on a Zoom call but it is a non-stop *beep* call ended. Won't connect to audio and won't stop beeping.

skidsteer226
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

I also have the same issue here too. I'm using a Color Sound Link II on a current Android mobile device trying to get a Zoom call to work and get a repeated "Call ended" message in the speaker. When I shut down the Zoom call the speaker will turn off by itself and I cannot power it back on. The only way to do it is to plug it back in to the charge cord.  I have the Bose connect app and the speaker does have the most current firmware installed.  There are several message threads in the Bose forums and they don't want to seem to help out with this issue.  They will just blame the operating system or three Zoom app, when though there is no issues with other calling apps. So frustrating.