Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Bose Mini Soundlink Mini Update Mess

Having trouble connecting to Bluetooth on Windows 10 which has worked great for years. I decided to update firmware, and it wouldn't detect my device. I read in another post that there is no firmware update. So while trying to update the instructions said to connect to usb port on computer and to hold the AUX button down for 10 seconds until it started flashing. After giving up on getting it to connect to my computer I now can't get it to stop flashing so I can try some other solutions to get it to connect. Ugh. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose Mini Soundlink Mini Update Mess

Hello there!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty connecting your SoundLink Mini since attempting an update.

Initially, could you please enter your serial number on the Bose Product Finder and let me know which version of the SoundLink Mini you have?

Let's go ahead and reset your speaker again. Power it on, then hold the power button for 10 seconds until it powers off again.

Now, on the Bluetooth device list on your computer, please delete the entry of the SoundLink Mini. Now, turn the speaker back on, pop it into pairing mode by holding the Bluetooth button for a few seconds and then reconnect to your computer.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Soundlink Mini Bluetooth Speaker

It will not power off. I have tried many times. The Aux and BT lights just keep flashing. 

Highlighted

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I can confirm that this speaker does not have any updates. 

It does seem that your speaker will require service and this is not something that can be facilitated through the Bose Community. I would have to ask that you get in touch with your local customer service team who will be more than happy to assist you with this. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

turns out you need to hold down the mute button for 10 seconds to reset the device. , which cleared the issue.