Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Bose Music App Update - 2 January 2020

bose music.jfif

*Update* on January 2nd, we released 3.0.2 for Android. This update includes a fix for logins with music services.

Starting December 2nd, a new Bose Music App update is available through the iOS App Store and Google Play Store. If your apps update automatically it may take until December 5th, 2019 for you to see the update.

Version Information:

iOS: 3.0.0
Android: 3.0.1

Release Notes:

• Welcome the Bose Portable Home Speaker to the Bose smart speaker family
  • Now you can enjoy a personal TV listening experience by grouping your Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 with a Bose Soundbar 500 or 700
  • Even more grouping options! Your Bose SoundLink Bluetooth speaker can now be grouped with a Bose smart speaker to hear the same music from both speakers in perfect sync
  • Keep listening (or sleeping) by toggling the auto-off function on your NC 700 Headphones
  • A few tweaks and fine-tuning to make the app more stable and less buggy

Additional Notes:

Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - iOS and Android

• Added the ability to toggle “Motion Detection” ON or OFF. Previously this was not a configurable setting. This setting is separate from the “auto-off timer” in the settings menu.

Smart Home Speakers and Soundbars

• To get started with the new grouping features, open the Bose Music app on your mobile device and navigate to your Bose smart home speaker or soundbar. Then click on your product's image in the bottom-right of your screen, tap on group, and choose to add your Bose portable Bluetooth speaker or Bose wireless headphones to the group. Make sure your headphones or speaker is turned on and in discovery mode and that both devices have the most recent firmware updates. For more info on using groups, see the article here.
  • New Amazon Alexa Media Control features are coming. More information to come!
  • Connection help screen improvements for Portable Home Speaker.
Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

Re: Bose Music App Update - 2 December 2019

I just bought today the SoundLink Mini II (special edition). I tried to connect thru Bose Music app and it's not working. The speaker it's connected to my phone on Bluetooth but it's not recognised by Bose Music App. I've done the firmware update to 1.8 (was 1.4) and still not working. I don't know what else I can do.

Highlighted

Hi Marian Neacsu,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

Regarding your query, the SoundLink Mini II Special Edition does not use an application to connect to your devices. All you need to do is connect directly using your source device's Bluetooth menu.

I hope this helps clarify, if anyone else is experiencing the same issue, please reach out to us here.

Kindest,

Jessie O

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Re: Bose Music App Update - 2 January 2020

Will soundbar 300 work with bosemusic?

Highlighted

Hi @tuncina,

Thank you for taking the time to post.

The SoundTouch 300 Soundbar operates only through the SoundTouch app and is not able to be connected with the Bose Music app.

You should find the Bose SoundTouch app on the iOS App Store and Google Play Store. Please let me know if you're having any difficulty or require any assistance connecting your soundbar to the SoundTouch app!

Warm regards,

Sam F

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

I've been trying to link my SoundLink Color II to my Home Speaker 500 with no success. I can't find any clear instructions, especially since you can't add the SoundLink II to the Bose Music App. When trying to go through the Bose Music App and group, it doesn't/can't locate the SoundLink II and all other instructions say that's the only app grouping can be achieve through. Both speakers work independently of each other. There's no issue with the Bluetooth connection. Can someone please give clear, concise instructions how to group these speakers? (I'm using an iPhone)

Highlighted

Hi anugent604,

I would be happy to help guide you through setting this up!

When connecting your SoundLink Color II to your HomeSpeaker, you wouldn't do this by adding the SoundLink to the Bose Music app. It would be by selecting your HomeSpeaker and grouping the SoundLink with it via Bluetooth. The instructions for this can be found HERE.

You will need your SoundLink to be in pairing mode while doing this. To put it in pairing mode, simply press and hold the Bluetooth button until the light blinks blue.

Let me know how you get on! I hope you enjoy having your speakers paired!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 11, 2020

Do Not even try to connect your Chromebook to the Bose app. It doesn't work! It Should but it doesn't.  

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 30, 2020

BOSE SOUND BAR 500 NOT CONNECTING TO BOSE MUSIC APP Re: Bose Music App Update - 2 January 2020

ITS 2020 AND CANNOT CONNECT THE BOSE 500 SOUNDBAR TO THE BOSE MUSIC APP IS RIDICULOUS. I LOVE BOSE AND NOT JUST ME, A LOT OF PEOPLE DO COZ IT IS A REALLY GOOD SYSTEM. BUT JUST CONNECTING TO THE APP IS A PROBLEM IS OUTRAGEOUS. I GOT THE SURROUND SPEAKERS TODAY AND CANT CONNECT THEM COZ OF THE APP. 

1. BLUETOOTH CONNECTS TO PHONE AND CAN PLAY MUSIC BUT STILL NOT CONNECTING TO THE APP.

2. TRIED SWITCHING OFF THE SOUNDBAR AND UNPLUGGING WAITING FOR THE 30 SECS, RESTARTING MY PHONE LIKE ALMOST 10 TIMES AND NOTHING IS HAPPENING. 

THIS SPEAKERS ARE EXPENSIVE MAKE THE **bleep** APP WORK.......

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 30, 2020

Re: BOSE SOUND BAR 500 NOT CONNECTING TO BOSE MUSIC APP Re: Bose Music App Update - 2 January 2

BOSE MUSIC APP VERSION 3.3.4 THE LATEST BUT NOT CONNECTING. I NEED SOMETHING TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS. WE IN THE HOUSE MOST OF THE TIME AND I NEED TO ENJOY MY MUSIC IN PEACE.