Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean34
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2021

Bose Music App does not detect Soundlink Mini 2

Purchased a Soundlink Mini 2. The bass is way too strong. I want to pair it with the Bose Music App to be able to adjust the sound. Unfortunately, the App does not detect the device. I have already spent 1.5 hours, searched the threads and gone through restarts, resets, attempted WiFi alternate connection, uninstalled/resintalled apps, updated product through Bose website. This is through Pixel 2 Android Phone. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Bose Music App does not detect Soundlink Mini 2

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Unfortunately the mini is not compatible with any app.

The Soundlink Mini II originally came out before the BT speakers had any compatibility (I think it was released around 5 years ago).  Even if you have the newer special edition, it's just a refresh and didn't have any updates apart from the USB-C connection.

Either way, the Bose Music app connects by Wifi.  Soundlink speakers newer than the Mini (colour II, Revolves, Revolve+ etc) connect via BT to the Bose connect app.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Bose Music App does not detect Soundlink Mini 2

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Unfortunately the mini is not compatible with any app.

The Soundlink Mini II originally came out before the BT speakers had any compatibility (I think it was released around 5 years ago).  Even if you have the newer special edition, it's just a refresh and didn't have any updates apart from the USB-C connection.

Either way, the Bose Music app connects by Wifi.  Soundlink speakers newer than the Mini (colour II, Revolves, Revolve+ etc) connect via BT to the Bose connect app.

View solution in original post