Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

Bose Portable Home Speaker Charging Cradle doesn't work

I just received my Bose Portable Home Speaker and Charging Cradle from Amazon today.  The Charging Cradle does charge at all.  Is this a defective cradle?  Or, is there something else that I need to do to get the charging cradle to work?  The Bose Music app shows that is the no charge / no lighting icon when the speaker is placed on the cradle to charge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose Portable Home Speaker Charging Cradle doesn't work

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Thank you for confirming this @sassygirl

If there is anything else we can do for you, you know where to find us! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear that your charging cradle does not appear to be working. 

Have you ensured there is a secure cable connection? I'd suggest using an alternate USB-C cable to see if this is causing issues.

I look forward to hearing from you.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

It’s not a USB-C cable issue.  I’ve used the cable that comes with the speaker and other cables by Anker.  I guess the cradle is defective and should be returned to Amazon?

Thanks for confirming, sassygirl. 

Can you please check the connection points to ensure there is no damage to any of the gold pins. I would also check the underneath side of the speaker to ensure it is free of any debris.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

The speaker, cradle, and included cable is brand new.  The Anker cables that I also tested with are brand new too.  There is no debris.  I just received the speaker and cradle from Amazon during the week.

Highlighted

That's quite odd, sassygirl. Do you not notice any LED show on the speaker when you connect it to charge? Is there any indication that it's getting power from the cradle?

If not, have you been able to plug the cradle somewhere else for testing? Also, have you tried a direct connection to charge by using the cable and ignoring the cradle? If so, is the speaker charging when you do this? If not, there may be an underlying issue with the speaker itself.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

Direct connection to the speaker for charging works fine.  Attempted charging with the cradle doesn’t show any power indicator at all on the speaker and app.

Highlighted
Community Manager

It certainly sounds like there may indeed be a fault with the charging cradle itself. As a result, please reach out to your point of purchase for assistance. Alternatively, Bose support will also be happy to help. Please reach out to our team directly in your region for assistance with this. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

Amazon sent me a replacement charging cradle and the new cradle works.  The original item was defective.

Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Thank you for confirming this @sassygirl

If there is anything else we can do for you, you know where to find us! 

View solution in original post