Portable Home Speaker

Country UK

Firmware Version

?  Can't see it in Bose Music app any more

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

iPad Pro iOS 14.6

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Cannot ask Alexa to play music from my Amazon Prime Music account.  Identifies the song correctly, in Bose Music you can see the title scrolling under the device and then after 30 seconds or so an error shows in the Bose Music app - something like "Unable to play the music right now, Try again later, ErrorC7 SC3104" - and Alexa will declare having difficulty playing the song.

If I then ask to play a radio station (TuneIn) that works fine...

What has also now happened twice is after Alexa freaks out and fails to play the Amazon Music track the Portable Home Speaker disconnects from the Bose Music app and I struggle to get it to reconnect. 

These Portable Home Speakers OK with Mesh WiFi... I know that my Oculus Quest 2 is NOT - I had to put that on a non-Mesh WiFi bubble.

Where do you run into the issue?

From new - only got the speaker yesterday.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

It's never worked

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Numerous reboots of devices,

Made sure that the Alexa app on my iPad had authenticated access to my Amazon Prime Music,

Factory reset the Portable Home Speaker

Went through set-up again, reconfigured Alexa....  back to where I started.

2 REPLIES 2
JonHaworth
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2021

Re: Bose Portable Home Speaker cannot play Amazon Music Error C7 SC3104

OK I think I answered my own question... saw some posts from folks who had issues with Mesh WiFi and Bose speakers so I went ahead and reconfigured the Portable Home Speaker (and iPad with Bose Music installed) onto my standalone WiFi bubble that I'm using for the Oculus 2 VR headset.

All of a sudden everything starts working much better. I can stream Amazon Music, the speaker stays connected to the Bose Music app etc.

It's disappointing and somewhat disheartening that industry leading companies like FaceBook (Oculus VR Headset) and Bose cannot make products with WiFi network stacks that can play in the real world of Mesh WiFi.... 

Heks
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2021

Re: Bose Portable Home Speaker cannot play Amazon Music Error C7 SC3104

Hey Jon,

I started to have this exact problem since I changed my internet provider (meaning a new fiber optics modem).

I was using a router but took it away and connected everything directly. Still does not work.

What do you mean by your own WiFi Bubble for Oculus?

Don’t you think this might be related to a port that needs to be opened?

Thanks from Mexico.!