Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Bose Portable Home Speaker periodically drops Bluetooth audio

Great sounding speaker (of course). I use the speaker with my Microsoft Surface, on which I have updated all of the drivers. At random times, usually within every 5 minutes (sometimes 1 minute at a time), the audio cuts out for one or two seconds, then resumes.  

The speaker is new, and I keep it within range of the laptop. 

I have not noticed this behavior when playing music from my iPhone.  Have there been issues with the Surface, or its drivers?  I also have 3 other Bose products and another third party audio product paired to the Surface. Might that cause the cut outs?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose Portable Home Speaker periodically drops Bluetooth audio

Hello bbthomask, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to read that you are having some audio drop-outs with your speaker. 

I think the reason of this may be due to you being connected to may different Bluetooth devices at once as this can cause the audio to drop. I would recommend disconnecting the devices you are not using to see if this improves your connectivity. 

If it does not, then I think we should perform a reset on the speaker and attempt the connection again. To perform the reset simply follow these steps below: 

• Press and hold the Play/Pause button for ten seconds. The light ring will display pulsing white light on top and bottom as the speaker reboots and connects to a Wi-Fi network

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!