Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

Bose Portable Not Responding to Alexa Voice

Hi,

Is anyone else experiencing issues with Alexa not responding on the Bose Portable, instead flashing red 3x times when you say “Alexa”? This started earlier today for me... and I’ve so far performed a Reboot (several times),  disabled/re-enabled Alexa Voice Skill in Bose App, and disabled/re-enabled the Bose (not for sound touch) skill in the Alexa App.  My Bose Portable says “Device Offline” in the Alexa App.  No WiFi issues here.  I’d rather not do a factory reset unless there is no other logical reason. 

Was a new firmware pushed out recently or is there an outage?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

Re: Bose Portable Not Responding to Alexa Voice

Author Accepted Answer selected by VTHokie

Hi Tegan,

Well... the Alexa skill started working again today. I didn’t make any changes to the device or network.  For reference though... yesterday only the Alexa skill was not working (red light blinking 3x times on Alexa wake word).  Music and streaming/Bluetooth was working fine. 

Will respond back to this thread if it starts acting up again.  

thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hi VTHokie,

Thanks for reaching out, we appreciate you taking the time to perform some great troubleshooting already.

Just for context, are you only having issues with Alexa? Does the rest of the speakers functions operate properly?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by VTHokie

Hi Tegan,

Well... the Alexa skill started working again today. I didn’t make any changes to the device or network.  For reference though... yesterday only the Alexa skill was not working (red light blinking 3x times on Alexa wake word).  Music and streaming/Bluetooth was working fine. 

Will respond back to this thread if it starts acting up again.  

thanks!

View solution in original post