Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Bose Portable Speaker

I recently purchased a Bose Portable speaker which arrived by UPS. The online transaction went well as has other online purchases from Bose lately. I have been making my purchases through the Bose online store for some time as the physical Bose stores are shutting down. I do have some concerns about shipping packaging which I have posted and plan to pursue directly with Bose customer support.

Set up went well and I knew right away, after lifting this heavy little speaker out of the box and listening the start startup chime...this is a quality speaker! Connection with my home network, the Bose Music app and Alexa was pretty much uneventful. Airplay and BlueTooth works well.  

I had to populate the station presets as the speaker didn’t sync with my other Home Speaker 300. Preset syncing is a feature that I have relied on with my SoundTouch speakers for years. The other missing feature: Custom URL. Seems the Bose Music app doesn't provide this handy feature.

Sound is amazing at low and high volumes. The rubberized controls are handy and there is quite the light show for system controls and feedback.

This is supposed to be a portable speaker for people on the go. This speaker does have some ruggedization but could do with some additional protection. The carry handle(cable) has a quality feel. 

Overall this will be a handy good sounding speaker for the back yard and around the RV site. I would be hesitant to take it to the beach or on a hike.

Pros: Heavy and stable.

Quality build and carrying handle.

Great Sound.

Utilizes all the wireless connection standards.

Cons: Shipping packaging is inadequate and poorly done.

Preset syncing doesn’t appear to work.

Missing custom URL feature in the app.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Re: Bose Portable Speaker

I just got soundlink revolve speaker.my speaker is fully charge.but on the app this keep on saying no speaker.could someone help me step by step on how to set up my speaker and app please?

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Bose Portable Speaker

@Wwefan1984 wrote:

I just got soundlink revolve speaker.my speaker is fully charge.but on the app this keep on saying no speaker.could someone help me step by step on how to set up my speaker and app please?

Sounds like you may not have the speaker joined to your home network. Make sure the speaker has joined your home wifi network.