Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 9, 2020

Bose Revolve Microphone not working through USB

Hi,

I am trying to connect the Bose Revolve to my PC through wired USB connection. The audio is fine, but the microphone is not showing up in Windows.

Through Bluetooth connection, both audio and microphone are working as expected.

How can I fix the microphone through USB?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Bose Revolve Microphone not working through USB

Hey blacksword91,

Welcome to the Bose Community.

The USB connection on the SoundLink Revolve is only intended for charging and updating the speaker. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 9, 2020

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. The audio is working properly through USB, so I understand that it is not just intended for charging and updating...

Furthermore, the microphone worked fine the first time I tried it, but it stopped working from then on.

Could you help me out?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 9, 2020

Hi,

[Edited by Moderator] I wrote a question and was answered with a generic answer that is just a lie and didn't receive another answer afterwards. Saying that the device USB is only intended for charging and updating is misleading and a lie, when the device itself screams: "USB audio" when pressing one of its buttons and USB audio is listed as a feature.

I expected more from a renamed company like Bose.

I wish to receive a proper answer and a guide through my problem, since the f.a.q. do not cover my problem and the Bose Revolve manual does not address it either.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Agree - the response  is woefully inadequate. I use Windows 10 and several different video conference services. I really like using the Resolve as a speaker. It is a great speaker. I started off using Bluetooth to connect even though the manual downloaded comes close to denying that people would ever acquire this excellent piece of hardware to connect to a computer using other than USB or AUX. Maybe that is on purpose, but they certainly do not explicitly say so or explicitly list what the features are available when attaching to a computer, whatever the mode of connection.

Here is my enigma: When using any service except Zoom the participants complain that I cause an echo (muting me stops the echo). The vast majority of these conferences use Zoom (I seldom get to choose). Using the other services is therefore an unacceptable situation. [Edited by Modertor]

I just switched to connecting using USB sound and my (Lenovo P1 ) computer's microphone. but I can only assume this will work because I have not yet had a situations where I can see if this works uniformly across all conferencing services. My fingers are crossed.

Any help understanding this situation will be greatly appreciated.

Messages to Bose: (1) Retrain your support staff!!!! (2) Write real and complete documentation. (3) Consider that not informing potential purchasers of he truth has a high probability of generating distrust when the buyer learns of gotchas! (4) Incomplete documentation has the same effect as the previous message.

Finally: My Bose trust meter is at an all-time low. It was formally high.

Highlighted

Hi both, 

Thank you for your posts. 

I can confirm that the SoundLink Revolve speakers can be used for USB audio. I apologize for any miss-information. 

The USB and AUX sources on the speakers will only allow for audio output and not the microphone. You can use the speaker for audio during your calls, but you will need to use the microphone on our source device. However, this may cause an echo or feedback.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

BOSE - PLEASE UPDATE SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE TO PROVIDE FULL CAPABILITY OF SPEAKER AND MICROPHONE WITH DIRECT INPUT! REVOLVE HAS "DIRECT INPUT" BUTTON, BUT ONLY SPEAKER WORKS WITH DIRECT INPUT. A $5 HEADSET HAS BOTH SPEAKER AND MICROPHONE DIRECT INPUT CAPABILITIES!

STOP IGNORING REQUESTS FOR FULL FUNCTIONALITY! FIX IT!