Highlighted
Pine41
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

Bose Revolve Portable Will Not Charge

I plug my speaker into my Bose charging cord and no blue light turns on. It is as if the cord doesn’t work, but I don’t know. What do I do now? $200 is s lot of money for me.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Revolve Portable Will Not Charge

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello @Pine41 , and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the charging issue you've had with your Revolve. I understand that this would be frustrating and prove disappointing, particularly if you were just about to use it to listen to music. 

In order to try and get this up and running, I would recommend the following:

1) Please try another power port/cable. The cable used to connect the power supply to the speaker is a standard USB-A-->Micro-B cable, which is common for many appliances so please try another of these!

2) When first connected to power, while you've noted that the system does not display the LED, does your system play any kind of audio tone? If so, this may indicate that there is an LED fault, rather than a power fault, and you should still be able to use the product. If this does not play any audio tone, please ensure that the cable is seated securely and does not accidentally come loose.

3) Connect the speaker to a computer/laptop directly via this cable, and perform the updates for this system. You can perform these updates by clicking HERE after connecting your product, and following the instructions to update this.

If you have tried all of the above and are still having problems with power, I would recommend that you reach out to support in your region.

This can be done by clicking THIS LINK, selecting your country/region, then navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps, and please get back to me to let me know how this goes, and if you have any questions at all!

Liam W - Community Support

9 REPLIES 9

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello @Pine41 , and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the charging issue you've had with your Revolve. I understand that this would be frustrating and prove disappointing, particularly if you were just about to use it to listen to music. 

In order to try and get this up and running, I would recommend the following:

1) Please try another power port/cable. The cable used to connect the power supply to the speaker is a standard USB-A-->Micro-B cable, which is common for many appliances so please try another of these!

2) When first connected to power, while you've noted that the system does not display the LED, does your system play any kind of audio tone? If so, this may indicate that there is an LED fault, rather than a power fault, and you should still be able to use the product. If this does not play any audio tone, please ensure that the cable is seated securely and does not accidentally come loose.

3) Connect the speaker to a computer/laptop directly via this cable, and perform the updates for this system. You can perform these updates by clicking HERE after connecting your product, and following the instructions to update this.

If you have tried all of the above and are still having problems with power, I would recommend that you reach out to support in your region.

This can be done by clicking THIS LINK, selecting your country/region, then navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps, and please get back to me to let me know how this goes, and if you have any questions at all!

Liam W - Community Support

Pine41
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

The only option customer support could give me was to pay a discounted $56.25 for the repair. This still feels unfair as that charge is more than 1/4 what the unit cost me. I have only had this speaker for a year and 4 months. It should be guaranteed for the price.
JeremyD74
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

I am having a similar issue... I can pay $75 for them to fix it... seems a little unfair for me having multiple Bose products. I will not bu another 1
Pine41
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

I agree--I don't understand how a speaker can simply stop working one day after paying $200 for it! Very dissapointing. I cannot see myself buying from Bose again, either.

mimiroygirl
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

Thank you - this helped and my Bose Revolve works perfectly again!  Thank you very much!

pedrocastellanos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

I have same problem

my revolve does not turn on, does not light any led or make sound when conect or disconect cable

Can´t update software, what can i do... on the week end it was working great as always and it suddenly died 

Thanks

Hello pedrocastellanos,

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with charging your SoundLink Revolve speaker. I can appreciate how disappointing this must be considering it was working fine at the weekend. 

I'd like you to try the following things in an attempt to troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing: 

1. Reset the speaker.

2. Try charging using a different wall socket.

3. Try using a different USB cable

4. Try using a different USB charger

5. Try to update the firmware despite being unable to power on by visiting this link on your computer, then connect with your charging cable.

If the issue continues to persist, please reach out to support in your country.

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

pedrocastellanos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

Thanks,

i have tryed to reset it with the 10 second on multi-funtion botton; same with the On/Off button

Tryed diferent wall plugs, difent cable, diferent charger 

the mac does not find the divice via usb so, i cant update

I am desesperate please help

Hello pedrocastellanos, 

Thank you for getting back in touch.

I am very sorry to hear you are still having power issues.

As you have already tried the suggested troubleshooting, please reach out to support via the link provided in my previous post. The team will be happy to discuss service with you.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G